Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajidha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 08:52 AM
    Prove smoking is haram
    How can I prove smoking is haram by quraan aayah or hadith
    Quran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 12:13 AM
    Dear any thing that takes you from consciousness to unconsciousness is haram If the cigarette is simple and it's not help you to get from consciousness to unconsciousness then it is not haram
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2011, 04:56 PM

An excerpt taken from the following site states..
    Smoking is haraam in Islam - Dr. Ibrahim B. Syed

"In Islam cleanliness and hygiene are emphasized to the extent that it has been considered a part of Iman (faith). It is very well known that a smoker's mouth is unclean and foul smelling "like a cigarette ash-tray." In the Quran, God says:

"And forbid them what is bad." - Surah Al-'Araf, 7:157

"0 ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling are an abomination of Satan's handiwork. Eschew such abominations that ye may prosper." - Surah Al Ma'idah, 5:93

The word intoxicant has three meanings:

(1) To induce, especially the effect of ingested alcohol.

(2) To stimulate or excite.

(3) To poison.

The latter two meanings are very valid and applicable to nicotine.

Smoking is nothing but a form of slow suicide. The Qur'an says:

"And slay not the life which God hath forbidden..." - Surah, Al-Isra, 17:33

"And make not your own hands contribute to your destruction." - Surah, Al-Baqara, 2:195

"Nor kill or destroy yourselves for verily God hath been to you most Merciful." Surah, An-Nisa, 4:29 "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is acting haram [ 0 Answers ]

Is acting haram

Smoking tenants deny smoking (cigs, pot, ) and now filing lawsuit for harassment! [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the situation. There is an old row house where there are 4 separate apartment units. The new tenant in the basement apartment has been smoking in their apartment (cigarettes, pot, incense and an unknown substance). The entire house smells of smoke and the unit right above the basement...

Is smoking hookah and smoking cigarettes the same? [ 2 Answers ]

Not that I do either one but what's the difference between smoking hookah and smoking cigarettes? How are they the same? What negative effects do they both share? Giving links to your sources will also help me.

Is music HARAM [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Muhammad Mohid Hassan Iam 15 years old I want ask if music is haram or not because I have so much passion for music I have good voice and Im a good singer I writes songs but when ever I write songs the songs just come out of me I can't explain the feeling but its like allah is given a...

View more questions Search