Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrw51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 07:27 AM
    Floor leveling compound?
    Will floor leveling compounds work over black mastic that simply is too difficult to remove. I want to use an epoxy garage floor paint after leveling and don't want peeling, cracking and such after paint has been applied.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
    One of the best products I've found to level floor is a "Henry" product. The big box store carry it. There's quite a few different "henry" products with special applications.

Pay attention to the mixing instructions. If not premixed when it says on the front of the box or tub "Mix with water". Many times it can it also be mixed with "Henry LATICRETE " in place of water which enhances its expansion and contraction capabilities

I couldn't get all the info on these two and I know one of them states it can also go over old adhesives. Its boils down to 2 things. If the substrate is sound and no chemical reactions. The "Henry" product is the thought here.

http://www.toolboxsupply.com/productdetails.aspx?sku=10882889

HENRY 345 Patch n' Level must be covered with a floor covering or by a high-quality floor paint or sealer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing self leveling concrete floor in master bathroom on the third floor [ 0 Answers ]

Want to remove old tile & install a self leveling concrete floor as the main flooring in our master bathroom on the third floor in our home. Can you put a concrete floor on the third floor/level of a home? Under the old tile is plywood... What do I need to do to the sub floor to prepare it for...

Alternate to Self-leveling Compound [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5' by 5' area in a basement bathroom that I will be covering with vinyl tile (floating, not glue-down). The area is relatively flat and I know it is slightly out of level. There is a portion of it that is of a different texture and not perfectly flat from where I had to replace the...

Leveling concrete floor [ 4 Answers ]

We are attempting a bathroom installation. We would like to lay tile, but the concrete floor is uneven. We had a friend use an auto leveler to float the floor, but it still came out uneven. We then tried again pouring it over the entire floor. It is still uneven. We have marked out the low...

How much floor leveling compound can I use? [ 6 Answers ]

My brother and I plan on putting down some laminate flooring but the existing sub floor very uneven. We are hoping to get out of replacing as much as we can and use some of that leveling material. So my question is how much is the max suggested? Is it 1/4" or ? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search