Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    circles102 Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Apr 28, 2011, 08:45 PM
    How to start a conversation with someone you don't know that well and keep it going
    All threads merged

I don't have trouble starting a conversation, but when I talked to this person I kind of panicked and couldn't think of anything els to say after "how was your christmas break? oh it was boring." I see his person once a week, but I find it hard to keep a conversation going and really talk, rather tan just teller her about something and cracking a joke once or twice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 08:56 PM

She's female? All you have to do is inject occasional comments regarding details she gives, like, "Tell me more about his fuzzy slippers" or "What did you do after that?" -- in other words, pump her for more details. Meanwhile, your job is to LISTEN very carefully, make good eye contact, and BE ENTHUSIASTIC.

May 16, 2011, 06:25 PM
    How are you supposed to act around a shy girl
    Well basically there's this girl and she's REALLY shy and always looks sad and I talk to her but she always seems scared of talking. How do I act to make her less nervous?
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 06:45 PM
    First thing that comes to my mind is just be yourself. Why would you want to be anything different then you are? She is shy. If she is around you enough and when she is ready she may relax a bit. But just don't be something your not.
    mame_chula123 Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Just SHOW her she shouldn't be SCARED around you... FUNNY because THE guy I LIKE is DOING THE SAME THING!! JUST say HI and make a EASY CONVERSATION! MAYBE SHE likes YOU that's why she scar

*** are you insane, posting your phone number on a public board, searchable by Google and read by 1000's. I have deleted it
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 17, 2011, 12:04 PM

Shy people usually take more time to open up. The more time you spend together, the more comfortable she will be with you.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 17, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Show respect... but almost as importantly show her you really are interested in who she is. Shy people are mostly shy about who they are. Show her you accept her and over time that wall should come down.

May 20, 2011, 11:02 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone.But "I wish", how long is "abit longer"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1989 honda civic sometimes start sometimes don't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1989 honda civic some times don't start but it happen with in three days at night it cannot statr but in the morning it starts but I did not change anything yet can any body help me please

My honda accor d don't start,I'm put other distributor , only make sound like start [ 1 Answers ]

I change the distributor, but doing samething, make sound like start ,(the starter so weird)

Me and my mom want to start our own domestic cleaning comp don't know where to start [ 3 Answers ]

We both have domestic cleaning experience from working for big companys in the past have around 20 yrs experience between us but would like to start on our own but really don't know where to start regards having your own company

Just don't know where 2 start [ 10 Answers ]

My marriage has broken down . He won't talk he says I make him miserable but he won't do anything about it. I want things sorted but just don't know where to start .

View more questions Search