Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradwill17bdw Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 02:40 PM
    Perscription meds
    If I have a perscription from a doctor do I have to have a doctors note to take the meds a work
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 02:44 PM

What are your workplace rules for taking prescription meds?

Will the meds affect your work performance?

What kind of meds are they? (medical marijuana? An antibiotic?)

Apr 28, 2011, 04:06 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    vicoden I work at a desk on a computer my meds have no effect on my ability to work I desolve the meds in water or inhale the meds due to a hyper active relex I can't swollow small pills my doc is through the veteran affairs and I don't see the same doc most of the docs say its fine some say just put them in food put none will write it out on paper what to I do
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 04:12 PM

Did you talk to your boss or supervisor about the prescription? I certainly would clear it with my workplace because of some of its side effects --

Wikipedia: "Side-effects of hydrocodone/paracetamol are most commonly upset stomach, nausea, and altered mental status (e.g., dizziness, light headedness). Other more rare side-effects include allergic reaction, seizures, clammy skin, paranoia, hallucinations, severe weakness, dizziness, hyperventilation, unconsciousness, jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin), unusual fatigue, bleeding, bruising, stomach pain,[3] constipation, dry mouth, decreased appetite, muscle twitches, sweating, hot flashes, itching, tinnitus, hearing loss, decreased urination, and altered sex drive. Vicodin also has depressant effects on the central nervous system. However, some of the less mundane effects can be desirable effects that are sought after by some. Those effects include euphoria and drowsiness, as well as slowing of the pulse."

Apr 28, 2011, 06:52 PM
    I don't have to have a doctors note if my name is on the bottle right I don't think it's there place to ask me about my meds as long as it not effecting my work
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 06:55 PM

How will you know it's not affecting your work?

If you have to finally admit what you're taking, it will be too late to make excuses.

Why not tell your supervisor? Did you check the office policy manual?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 08:26 PM

It all depends on your work place rules,

Many places require you notify management of any prescription that can have effect on your job.
    ** and that depends on the listed side effects

Apr 28, 2011, 08:50 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    But just like on the bottle it says do not operate machines until you know how the medication effects you i know how it effects me and i haven't seen any pollicies on meds in the hand book
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 09:02 PM

Please don't type in caps. That's considered shouting and is against the site rules. Are you angry with us?

If the meds don't affect you in a bad way, and if there's no workplace rule that you must tell your supervisor about taking an opiate, then it sounds like you can keep this information to yourself.

I was on Darvocet for over a year, and that's a milder opiate than the one you are taking. It didn't affect my work, but did affect my mood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TLQD on perscription bottle means.. [ 4 Answers ]

My mom got perscribed a generic for Paxil and the bottle says 1 TLQD FOR 2 WEEKS, THEN 2 DAILY. What does TLQD mean? Just wanted to check before she calls the pharmacy tomorrow.

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

In need of a new perscription for poor 0 income man [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am a man without work and no money,. I mean absolutely no money, FI am a 40 year old ex-con on probation and in my small community every body knows everything and never forgets... the past is hard to out run. Its this very past that has me in my current dilemma... my eye glass perscription...

Unknown perscription drug [ 2 Answers ]

I found a small, oval pill with 377 on one side and nothing on the other, what is it?

View more questions Search