Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tressah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Is it legal for my husband to put me out of our home and destroy my property?
    I have been told to get out of our house by my husband. He says that I don't listen to him so I need to leave. He also threatens to throw my belongings out if I don't take them with me. What can I do legally?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 12:02 PM

If you can't reason with him, and you have been contributing to the throughout your marriage to the propety, then no he can but. This sounds like a domestic dispute, and if you feel you can do nothing to sway his opinion, then you need to get a lawyer. No, he can't destroy your property.

Sorry, but unless you tell what exactly is going on, and as issues vary from state to state, then we need to have more information in order to answer you properly.

Tick
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 28, 2011, 12:55 PM
    If you are in the US and he actually locks you out, call the police, who will make him let you back in and tell him that he can't throw out a spouse or her possessions, regardless of who owns the house, who pays the mortgage, or who pays the rent. Resolution happens in divorce.
    Tressah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 04:04 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I live in NC. We have been married for 5 years and we have children just not with each other. My husband is very controlling and it gets annoying. No he wasn't like this when we first got together and No I have never cheated on him. There are times when he is the sweetest man and then there are days when he is the devil. I have to show him receipts from when I spend money. He works nights and there are times when he calls to see if I'm home. I don't go out, I have never been the club type person. I am a home body.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2011, 04:39 PM

He cannot legally just kick you out. He would need to obtain a divorce to have any chance of moving you out.

You need to decide whether you are better off with him or without him.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2011, 06:44 PM
    Start a new question under Relationships, now that you have your legal answers. It sounds like you want to talk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to put husband's name in because if he's not biological father? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old. Biological dad is in another country. He hasn't seen the child since birth though he knew about the child. He does not give any financial support nor contact us. I am now married for almost 2 years. My husband treats my child as his own. Since there is no father listed in my...

Is it legal for an x wife to put my last name on child not mine. [ 19 Answers ]

Recently divored, have two children. My X wife gave my last name to her new child (as a result of an affair). The divorce settlement stated this was not to occur, be she has done so anyway. Not wanting this to be an issue for our two children later in life. Is there an Ohio law that prohibits the...

Is it legal to put music from Youtube on your IPod? [ 4 Answers ]

A lot of people from my school are telling me that there is a way to get stuff from YouTube on my Ipod nano. Is this legal? If it is how do you do it? Thanks a bunch :]

Florida, rental property being foreclosed on, can mortgate co. Put a lien on my home [ 1 Answers ]

First question.. I live in Florida. I have a rental property which is going to be foreclosed on. IndyMac is the mortgage holder. Will Indy Mac put a lien on my home for the amount due to them after it sells? My home does have the homestead exemption. Second question.. I am not working and...

View more questions Search