Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawn1638 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Horrible credit repair
    Here goes: I'm divorced, single and working two minimum wage part-time jobs. My credit is in the dung heap because of the divorce... he got the house I got the bills. I can't even afford bankruptcy! Where do I go for help? What type of agency do I consider? Where the heck to I begin?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2011, 12:20 PM

Here is a good start: Credit Repair: How to Help Yourself

And here is another good source:
    Credit Repair at Experian.com

Do NOT be tempted to pay someone to "repair" your credit report. Many of the companies that promise "repair" are only doing things that you can do yourself... and some of them do things that are only temporary... and some of them even do things that are outright dishonest.

Follow the advice at the above two links and you'll have a good start.

For further info, see here:Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How you use credit repair from Champion Credit Services? [ 1 Answers ]

A colleague from work recommended Champion credit repair services to fix my credit. I wanted to know if they can really repair my credit. I have a few inquiries that don't belong to me. I also noted there are old accounts that I closed long time ago. Has anyone used Champion credit repair services...

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used the credit company in columbus called CCCS? It is on Broad Street on the east side. I wanted to go to them for help but I know nothing about them. Are they good at what they say they do?

View more questions Search