Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GGuy8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
    My unit keeps running after the t-stat is in the off mode and the fan is in the auto.
    I have checked the tstat and the wiring could it be the relay in the board?
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 10:08 PM

Which type of heating system is it-if it's a Gas Furnace then in a gas furnace the fan is controlled by the system it self.
    U can try 1 thing
    If system is in off mode and fan in in auto
    If fan still runs
    Remove the stat off the wall
    If fan still runs
    Remove G wire out of the terminal
    If still fan is running then its your heating system for sure
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

May 1, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Also keep in mind sometimes it takes the unit a minute or two to cut off after you switch it to off.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2011, 07:29 AM
    If the unit has a status LED, it may provide a clue as to why the fan is running. Units with this feature usually have a label on the blower access panel or within the blower compartment, with a legend describing the status LED activity.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan is continuously running, Thermosta is on Auto and Off mode [ 0 Answers ]

I have a white rogers Thermostat, last couple days its fan is continuously running, Thermostat is at off and fan on aut position. What is the problem and how do I solve it.

Fan runs in Auto but not Manual mode? [ 1 Answers ]

Gas furnace is about 32 years old. This summer I noticed that switching the Fan to run in manual mode, 90% of the time it will not turn on. Suspecting the thermostat, I installed a new 7-day programmable type. 1st time I tried manual fan it worked OK. Most of the time fan will not turn on using the...

Can't get fan to come on in cooling mode.new stat [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to help my son. He has a Bryant split system a/c unit. Replacing old stat with HW - RTH221b. Can't get the fan to come on in cooling mode, but it will in heating mode. Bryant model563cn-036e

No auto fan in heat mode [ 8 Answers ]

Have a carrier outdoor package unit A/C and electric heat. Recently changed from the carrier programmable to a standard heat/cool stat. original stat had a light that would indicate when the filter needed changed, assume this was the blue wire that we did not connect when installing the new...

Furnace fan not starting in Auto mode [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Concord Gas Furnace with Carrier Central A/C. Today I found out that the blower is not starting whenever A/C kicks in. It doesn't auto start for heat either. Tried setting Fan in Always ON mode and still doesn't start. However if I turn off Heat/Cool and leave the Fan in Always ON...

View more questions Search