Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wdrbbq Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 09:23 AM
    I get recurring error messages after I boot.
    The other day I downloaded a gadget called DESKTOPTIMER. I ended up not liking it so I uninstalled it or it wouldn't install to begin with. I can't recall which. Now, after I boot I get two messages. The first has a white letter I in a round field of blue. It says, "File Not Found" and has an "OK" button. When I click on the "OK" button that message goes away and I get a second message which has a silver X in a round field of red with the message, "Cannot Assign a TPNGObject to a Bit Map" with an "OK" button also. When I click that the message goes away but it's pretty aggravating. I'm sure it's leftover remnants of the installation process but my question is: How do I get rid of them?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 16, 2011, 06:14 PM
    See if the program put itself into your start up (in the run box type "msconfig" look at the startup tab) you can uncheck it so it no longer starts when windows does and that might make it go away. Of course you will have to ID it, try using the names that error, like maybe a set of initials derived from this "DESKTOPTIMER" or "TPNGObject". You can look further to the right by sliding the spacers to see what programs are using what when in there (C:/Program Files/bla bla slide the command spacer at the top to see more). If you can't id it you can always turn them off and back on to see if the error goes away or search the names to see what they are (CTHELPER ctfmon etc.).

You can also look for traces of the program in the different sections of Documents and Settings (Application Data, Documents, or Your Name > Local Settings > Application Data) as well as Program Files > Common Files or C > Program Files itself. Some programs end up listed under the manufacturers name instead of the program name, so if you know who makes it you can look for or search entries of that too. If you can erase or delete excess files you find, it's a good idea to run a good registry cleaner afterwords so it removes the entries that may point to the stuff you deleted.
    keeneke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2015, 01:19 PM
    Appzalien, I know this post is old (2011) but it still comes up first page of Google when someone searches for "cannot assign a TPNGObject to a TBitmap." Thank goodness, because of all the forums I looked at no one but you mentioned looking in the Startup list. Perfect solution, thanks to you! My free desktoptimer is finally completely gone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error messages [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Since Friday evening, after using the internet fine all day. The message: The requested look up key was not found in any active activation context.meaning I cannot access Google, emails or the like! Please help

Error messages [ 1 Answers ]

I am having 2 different error messages I need help with please. The first one is as follows: An error has occurred in the script on this page line: 7, char: 4, error: permission denied, code: 0, and then a url. Then, Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? And a yes or no box. ...

Error Messages [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When working on my computer, I a blue screen pops up with an error message. Then starts dumping memory and counting to 100. The computer restarts after the numbers get to 100. These messages have started coming up about once every 2 - 3 hours now. Each time I get one of the following...

HELP - Error messages [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message: Runner error Could not load target dll ("Invalid BackWeb application id 4448364", error code 126) I only started getting this after I downloaded Yahoo's antispyware toolbar for my internet explorer. I downloaded spybot search & destroy and scanned...

HELP - Error messages! [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message: Runner error Could not load target dll ("Invalid BackWeb application id 4448364", error code 126) I only started getting this after I downloaded Yahoo's antispyware toolbar for my internet explorer. I downloaded spybot search & destroy and scanned...

View more questions Search