Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canciller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2003, 01:45 PM
    Acting!
    To whom it may concern,

I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school.

Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the feeling of performing in front of a live audience and to work with others who are just as interested in acting as I am. I want to get my feet wet in community theatre. Do you know who I should contact to get started? Where do I go? I don't have much experience on stage other than my classes. I have had previous experience with drama and singing in college, but those experiences were very short lived.

Do you know of any community theatres in the chicago area that are auditioning for current roles? Do you know of any theatres that are not lnecessarily ooking for stellar experience, but are willing to give those interested in acting a chance?

Please, please help! I want to start doing what I've always enjoyed... no time to start but now!

Thanks in advance!

::)
    kumquat Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2003, 10:53 PM
    acting!
    Look through your local paper and audition, audition, audition. You can also check out Backstage.com and find out what is going on in the theatre world in casting, etc. Prepare a monologue, one minute at least and a song at least 16 bars and hit the streets! Practice and good luck... keep at it! You can do it, you have the spirit and the rest will follow!
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2003, 05:34 PM
    acting!
    You might want to try these sites. Auditions.net, entertainmentcareers.net, eperformer.com, freecr.co.uk, hollywoodreporter.com, my8byb.com, showbizmonster.com and break a leg.
    kumquat Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2003, 08:31 PM
    acting!
    This is easy! Look on the internet for community theatres in your area and when auditions are being held. Prepare a one minute monologue and one song if required and just go! Just do it! You need to do this... and there is no better way then to get prepared and go for it. Find the community theatre you want to audition for, see what shows they are doing, rent the videos - read the plays, prepare a monologue and go! I haven't done theatre in 17 years and that's what I did and I still teach drama... but I needed to audition and be a part of a show again. I was petrified! But I did it. I auditioned, I was cast and had a great time! Made great new friends and tons of contacts. Get new headshots prepare your resume and go for it! Just do it! Acting is doing, not thinking or feeling, that is what Stanislovski said... so 1, 2, 3... jump! You can do it! And I can't wait to hear about it! You have never lived until you have been on the stage... enjoy your life!
    nbohr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 05:54 AM
    ActingScenes.com is your source for dramatic or comedic duet acting scenes. Use them for classwork, rehearsal or audition practice. You'll find duet scenes range from 3 to 5 minutes in length that you can download instantly. Browse the database of over one hundred scenes, or search specific scenes.

<a href="http://www.actingscenes.com">acting scenes</a>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Cat acting Very Odd! HELP [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a male (leo) cat I have had since a kitten, he’s always been a little odd, he is quarter Burmese, but lately he has been running around the house like a mad thing, jumping up on furniture and suddenly freaking and dashing about like a crazed animal. How ever when I pick him up he calms...

Is my cat acting normal? [ 3 Answers ]

My kitten has been acting very moody recently. Normally she would be happy and playful, but yesterday I noticed that she was very lazy. Today whenever you try to play with her or pet her she hisses or growls at you. She never acted like this before, and I don't know if it is normal or not.My kitten...

Central Air Acting Up [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I am sure there are some people on here who work for Air Conditioning companies, and I need their help/advice. Over the last few weeks at random, my a/c will just switch off. The air handler in the house stays on. The thermostat stills says cool, and even the unit outside is still on, but if...

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

View more questions Search