Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2004, 03:41 PM
    Help with Acting
    Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in acting and wondered if experience and qualifications needed.

Please someone help me as I beginning to get desperate!

Thanks

p.s. If you want you can e-mail me at: [Personal email address removed for privacy.]
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2004, 06:11 PM
    Help with Acting
    The class help with credit You need that it good for the resume try getting in to nyfa.com see if it helps ;D
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2004, 10:50 AM
    Re: Help with Acting
    In all honesty, you should consider moving to a city that is known for supporting a large entertainment industry such as LA or Toronto.  Try visiting

http://www.sag.org/sagWebApp/index.jsp

Good luck and break a leg!
    prettyinpunk85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard
    Hi there, i was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment im studying computers but for the last 4-5 months i have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where i live there isn't many acting classes, i dont no what to do. How do i get into the business? I have no experience in acting and wondered if experience and qualifications needed.

Please someone help me as i begining to get desperate!

Thanx

p.s. If you want you can e-mail me at: [Personal email address removed for privacy.]
    Find some local theatre and get involved. It's a lot about networking and learning how to home in your skills. Classes definitely help, beginning acting and then more advanced voice and body work. Good luck!
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard
    Hi there, i was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment im studying computers but for the last 4-5 months i have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where i live there isn't many acting classes, i dont no what to do. How do i get into the business? I have no experience in acting and wondered if experience and qualifications needed.
    Consider getting an agent, they can help you with acting, scheduling and they can find castings and stuff for you. Hope this helped :)
    biki111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 12:40 AM
    You start with learning acting, then do some stage theatres and drama. Next prepare a good portfolio and include acting videos of yours. Compile those videos into one video profile/portfolio. Send it to the producers. You can make video portfolio by uploading your videos to the video sharing sites like Think Got Talent
    nbohr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 05:54 AM
    ActingScenes.com is your source for dramatic or comedic duet acting scenes. Use them for classwork, rehearsal or audition practice. You'll find duet scenes range from 3 to 5 minutes in length that you can download instantly. Browse the database of over one hundred scenes, or search specific scenes.

<a href="http://www.actingscenes.com">acting scenes</a>
    AMACK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Hi there,

I'm a producer-director and I offer a side business of helping beginning to intermediate actors in auditioning
    For roles, performing on camera and being remembered by directors for future roles.. It's important to learn
    How to act before you audition for roles so just think about this.. Let me know if you'd like to learn more.
    I truly like to help others.

AM
    Www.quincyproductions.com
    [email protected]
    alyza53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:03 PM
    Well... hey I'm a natural actor practice does make perfect! You should start with performing . It help you become confident. Next you can search for auditions near you at auditions free.com that's where I found my first audition! Hope this helped bye=]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

Cat acting Very Odd! HELP [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a male (leo) cat I have had since a kitten, he’s always been a little odd, he is quarter Burmese, but lately he has been running around the house like a mad thing, jumping up on furniture and suddenly freaking and dashing about like a crazed animal. How ever when I pick him up he calms...

Is my cat acting normal? [ 3 Answers ]

My kitten has been acting very moody recently. Normally she would be happy and playful, but yesterday I noticed that she was very lazy. Today whenever you try to play with her or pet her she hisses or growls at you. She never acted like this before, and I don't know if it is normal or not.My kitten...

Central Air Acting Up [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I am sure there are some people on here who work for Air Conditioning companies, and I need their help/advice. Over the last few weeks at random, my a/c will just switch off. The air handler in the house stays on. The thermostat stills says cool, and even the unit outside is still on, but if...

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

View more questions Search