Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2011, 03:52 PM
    My 5 yr old was hit in the mouth and his front tooth is crooked what should I do?
    Tooth injury 5 yr old
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 05:02 PM

Take him to a Dentist.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2011, 05:29 PM
    If the tooth is loose you can move it back in to place but at his age he may end up losing it sometime soon. If your son is in discomfort or has trouble eating with the tooth the way it is, do as Judy says, take him to the dentist. When he is in next for his check up, mention it to the dentist so they can make sure the adult tooth hasn't been injured as well.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 26, 2011, 05:39 PM

I agree, good advice so far. I am surprised you have not taken him in already. The tooth needs to be immobilized or it will get looser and looser as he eats and eventually fall out. Even if its dead it needs to be in place so the permanent tooth can form above it.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 05:57 PM

mom1980 does not find this helpful : obvious no dentisst open however, needed more advise as to help with pain and bleeding.

No, it's NOT obvious that no "dentisst" is open. Your son is in pain and his tooth is bleeding. Go to a hospital emergency room.

You also have misused the rating system. You might want to read the AMHD rules before you post again.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    If the tooth is loose you can move it back in to place but at his age he may end up losing it sometime soon. If your son is in discomfort or has trouble eating with the tooth the way it is, do as Judy says, take him to the dentist. When he is in next for his check up, mention it to the dentist so they can make sure the adult tooth hasn't been injured as well.
    Follow up indicates the child is in pain and bleeding.

Apr 26, 2011, 06:01 PM

If the dentist does not have an emergency answering service and someone covering for him go to the Emergency Room at your nearest hopsital. They can help with the pain and may even assist with immobilizing it until a dentist can help.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2011, 06:19 PM
    OK... am I missing something here?? I don't see any mention of pain, bleeding or dentist being closed??

Apr 26, 2011, 06:20 PM

When the OP zinged Judy with a reddie you also added info not origianally provide, not nice to keep back info
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2011, 05:19 AM

I think your posts crossed - she posted: "mom1980 does not find this helpful : obvious no dentisst open however, needed more advise as to help with pain and bleeding."

- Or else I'm psychic.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
    Ahhh... OK. The format I use doesn't show the reddies or greenies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jack russel with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody, Our nice and vigorous jack russel is already 5 months old. A month and a half ago we noticed that his front legs started to turn sideways. We are worried for his future because he is very active and likes to run and jump all the time. We have already an appointment with his vet...

Mouth pain originally thought was tooth related but now think its in the gums [ 3 Answers ]

I am having pain which at first I thought was in my teeth, but now I think is in my gums. It runs from the center bottom all the way to the left back of my mouth and sometimes the tip left. My dentist has done everything to dismiss me saying that I have no cavities and that if I have pain its from...

Bump in mouth after wisdom tooth removal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I got 2 of my wisdom teeth out about 3-4 weeks ago and I believe it is fully healed. However, today I noticed that my left side of my mouth was hurting while I was eating. I looked in the mirror and I saw a small bump on the area where my tooth was removed. It hurts when I touch it and...

Filling on a tooth, now can't eat on that side of mouth! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I got a filling recently on a molar on the top of my mouth and ever since then I cannot eat anything harder than a soft cracker on that side. The pain is deep and goes up my mouth. My dentist has already filed away the filling and it doesn't hurt when I bite or relax my mouth but if I eat and...

Dach Russell with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Our 2 year old Dacshound and Jack Russell cross is doing well, healthy, energetic, and fun. What has us concerned is that his front legs are so bowlegged and turned out to such a degree that his feet turn completely sideways... in ballet it would be first position. He doesn't seem to have a problem...

View more questions Search