Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debalreynolds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Removing a wood burning stove
    Help! When we brought this townhome it came w/a wood burning stove in the fireplace. It is ugly to us and we would like to remove it. Can we just leave the "hole" and still burn wood?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jan 25, 2007, 05:23 AM
    It depends upon if it was a fireplace before they put the stove in it.
    If it was it should be a simple thing to make it a fireplace again if it wasn't then you will have your work cut out for you.

One of the ways to tell if was before is does it have a firlplace insert in it.
    If you can take pictures that will help me tellyou if was before or not.
    But you also need to check with local bulding codes to find out if you can turn it back into a fireplace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood burning stove blower thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new blower fan for my buck wood burning stove insert and the thermostat that used to have 3 speeds high, med & low now only works on high. I figure I hooked the wires up wrong when I got the new blower fan. Any suggestions on the wiring? Eric

Removing adhesive residue from wood cabinets [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved, and the movers wrapped plastic tape around many pieces of my furniture to keep drawers from opening, pieces from falling out, etc. It seemed okay at the time, but when the tape was removed, some nasty adhesive residue from the tape was left behind on the wooden furniture,...

Downdraft stove [ 0 Answers ]

I've just bought a JENN AIR DOWNDRAFT slide in stove and since I live in a pretty rural area I'm having difficulty finding someone who knows how to install them. The connection is already there. What do I do?

Removing cooking oil from wood countertop. [ 0 Answers ]

On my wooden countertop there is a lot of cooking oil residue (due to lot's of frying). I would judge that some of it has been there for 3 months or so. It's obviously very sticky now. What's the best way to remove the oil that's stuck there?

View more questions Search