Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloeyy1992 Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

Apr 26, 2011, 06:35 AM
    What's the difference between a restraining order and a violent restraining order?
    My ex boyfriend is stalking me and used to beat me up and keep me away from my friends, he's threatening to further what's already occurred, I'm pretty scared, and the police know of certain occasions, but I am unsure which to take out, I don't want him to like, never be able to get a job again though - not that he would. Centre link lover for life unfortunetly, I'm studying to be a youth worker and I don't need it anymore!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 09:09 AM

I have no idea what you are asking. You either report his behavior to the Police or you don't. If you do, tell the truth, whatever that involves.

A restraining order will not keep him from "like, never being able to get a job again."

Centre link lover for live - ? What does that have to do with this situation?
    addicts_mom Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2011, 03:25 AM
    If the police are aware of "occasions" they should be able to provide you with the written reports that were taken, unless he was arrested for the violence. If he was not arrested for the violence take the written reports to family court and request an Order of Protection, preferably a "No Contact" order which means that he can not have any communication with you what so ever and can't come anywhere near your home or office etc. If he violates the order he will be arrested for "Criminal Contempt" and in some states a 1st offense is considered a felony. If he has already been arrested for the violence then the court where the case is heard should automatically put the order in place for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining order [ 2 Answers ]

Can a married adult undergoing mental torture from his parents get a restraining order?

What's the difference between a restraining order and a behavioral order [ 9 Answers ]

If I have a restraining order now and want it changed to a behavioral order, what's the difference between the two

When can I get a restraining order [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going througth a divorce he still living in the house he postpom the mediation so he can stay longer , but this situacion is hurting me and the kids, he is going out with girlfiemnds and telling my kids about

Restraining order [ 5 Answers ]

I am currentlly with a man who is married but has been separated from his wife for 2 years. He is finally starting divorce proceedings. When he and his wife first separated she took out a restraining order to the effect that I cannot be around their 3 year old daughter. It has been almost 2...

View more questions Search