Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tfhyndman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 08:25 AM
    220v hot tub switch not working.
    220V HOT TUB SWITCH NOT WORKING.I replaced the 220v Diehl timer switch and the timer still doesn't work.The 2 leads going to the clock are hot yet the clock still won't work.There are 2 other wires going to the timer that are for the switch. All are connected as shown in wiring diagram in manual. Help!
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Apr 29, 2011, 08:19 AM

Have you tested the 2 leads going to the clock for 220v?

Apr 29, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Both leads going to the clock show 110v and still won't work. The first timer switch bought was returned after it was installed and didn't work. Diehl sent a replacemnt switch and this one still doesn't work. The clock won't run and even if the switch is turned on manualy there is still no power to the control panel.
    Help!

Apr 29, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Comment on Dr_Spa's post
    Both leads going to the clock show 110v and still won't work. The first timer switch bought was returned after it was installed and didn't work. Diehl sent a replacemnt switch and this one still doesn't work. The clock won't run and even if the switch is turned on manualy there is still no power to the control panel.
    Help!
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Apr 30, 2011, 04:34 AM
    Have you checked for power at the board. The transformer could be bad
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2011, 04:38 AM

This statement can be a clue:

Both leads going to the clock show 110v and still won't work.

If you measure 120 volts from each wire to ground, but do not measure 240 volts across both, there is a dead leg, due to a poor connection, bad circuit breaker, etc.

Start at the panel checking the circuit that serves the spa for 240 volts, and continue checking the circuit at each junction box, etc, to determine where one leg has lost power.

Apr 30, 2011, 08:20 AM
    Comment on chaosmaster1's post
    How do you test for a bad transformer?

Apr 30, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Check for power on the output side of the transformer and also look for any bulged out capacitors, singed areas and weird and unusual smells

May 2, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Comment on Dr_Spa's post
    Yes 220v going to clock. Where is the transformer mounted and what does it look like? (Sundance ). There is a metal box behind the circuit board that has 2- 120v leads going in and 4 leads coming out that go to the circuit board. Is that the transformer? The leads coming out show no voltage.
    Tim

May 3, 2011, 04:05 AM
    If you measured no voltage coming out of the transformer then replace it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light switch near hot tub [ 7 Answers ]

I have a deck that was just built and will shortly have a concrete patio poured under it that thanks to this forum's help is ready for a future hot tub. Once the deck and patio are done, I will be doing a little bit of electrical work under the deck to restore what I had under the old deck (outlet...

Diverter lever stopped working - can't switch from tub to shower. [ 3 Answers ]

I had a leak coming from my diverter handle so I replaced the TA-25A diverter (Symmons Temptrol® Shower and Tub/Shower System S-96-2-231) and it worked for 2 showers (though it was extremely hard to slide from side to side). After the second shower I was unable to divert back to the tub from the...

Adding a 220volt outlet to existing 220v 4 wire for Hot tub [ 4 Answers ]

Previous owner installed a 220v wire box outside of Garage for Hot tub. It is run through the Garage panel inside to out. Just the wires not outlet. I want to install a 3 wire outlet so I can plug in my 220v welder. Why to I have an extra wire.. One red I assume is hot, one white I assume is...

Items for Wiring 220v Spa/Hot Tub [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know what type of wire to use for wiring a 220v hot tub. The breaker box is in the house, the wire will come through a concrete wall.

View more questions Search