Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maqebo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 12:53 AM
    What to do if youe ex doesn't allow you to see the child?
    My ex doesn't allow me to see my child and at the same time she wants me to oay child surport. What must I do?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 04:14 AM

You can apply to the courts for access. You’ll have to go talk with a lawyer or a solicitor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 06:59 AM

You take her to court, and exercise your rights is what you do.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 07:12 AM

How old is your child? Have you established paternity?

Do you have court ordered visitation and child support? If you haven't gone through the court system to establish your rights, then it sounds like you need to do so.

Whether you have visitation or not, you should be paying child support. Keep records of any money that you give for the support of the child. Remember that expenses for raising a child include clothing, medical care, housing, food, insurance, etc. and you are responsible for part of that cost.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 07:14 AM
    I disagree that any parent should "play God" with their child. Children have a right to have both parents in their lives.

Although some parents do have good reason to stop contact e.g. if the mother/father is using drugs, neglect when in their care or can't provide a stable life-style. If you happen to fall into any of these reasons then I suggest you change them, quick. Other wise take them to court as said above.

Your child deserves both of you. Good luck :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2011, 07:20 AM

This is a LEGAL question and has been moved to the appropriate forum.

The quick answer is you go to court for visitation.

But you really didn't give us any info to provide more of an answer. We need to know the info that Cat asked for, we need to know your general location (ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.). We need to know why she won't let you see your child.

So please use the Answer options and provide more info so we can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

View more questions Search