Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babymuma89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 11:51 PM
    I have been separated from my husband for 3 and a half months.
    I have been separated from my husband for 3 and a half months he lives with his family and I moved back in with mine. Our son is 2years old and we agreed that he would have him Friday to Sunday though he doesn't stick to it and makes up excuses why he can't take him. His mum complains to me saying I need to pick him up early the next day because she's stuck looking after him. His threatened me twice now today was the second time saying if I'm not home when he drops him off I'm never going to see my son again. I want to know my rights as a single mother and whether I can get full custody of our son. He works off the books so he gets paid cash every week and his on centrelink he barely gives me any money to help out and recently received $4,600 from a hush family loan they were doing with in the whole family. He buys and sells cars and his family make and sell illegal movies. How do I go about getting full custody and am I entitled to anything from him? I need help asap!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 04:16 AM

You can apply to the courts. You’ll have to go talk with a lawyer or a solicitor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 08:53 AM

You need a divorce lawyer to find out your rights, what you are entitled too, and to represent you in court to get those rights enforced.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2011, 09:10 AM

When you left your husband,you should have gone right to a divorce lawyer. You should have had a court order temporary custody and temporary support.

So that's what you need to do now. The fact that he works off the books is going to make it hard to get support. But you may be able to impute the income. For example, I assume before you left him you lived in an apartment together or did you live with his parents? If an apartment, rent had to be paid. So that can help show income. This is all things an attorney should do for you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2011, 09:11 AM

I don't know what you mean by "full custody." If you mean you will be custodial parent, you already are. If there is no Court Order the person who controls the child controls the situation - that's you.

If your child is in danger from neglect or something else, don't let your husband visit with the child away from you.

He can threaten all he wants. Tell him to take you to Court.

You need to take HIM to Court and get an Order concerning visitation and child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married but separated for 10 months want to move back [ 4 Answers ]

I'm still legally married but have been separated and living in separate homes for ten months, I live in Nevada and want to move back to California to be closer to my family and I want to take my kids with me. They live with me and always have my husband sees them every other weekend, can I move...

We've been separated 9 months and husband is now seeing someone, how do I cope? [ 97 Answers ]

My husband decided to end our marriage March this year, it coincided with him starting a new contract a couple of hours drive away. He told me I had been a fantastic wife, I am his soul mate and best friend, I was too good for him, did too much for him. He finally admitted that he didn't love me...

State Filing where husband lives in PA, wife lives in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

In 2008, my husband lived and worked in PA, while I worked in PA, but lived in NJ. We would like to file jointly for our federal taxes, but are not sure how to file for the state taxes. Should I file MFS for my NJ taxes, and he file MFS for his PA taxes or should we file using another option?

In what way do half-lives function? [ 5 Answers ]

The concept of half-lives has been burned into my mind by many, many years and classes. I just realized, however, that I was never taught the reasons behind why it works as it does I think it would have to do with the tendency for things to move from more to less order, and that whatever is...

So this is how the other half lives? [ 1 Answers ]

Well thanks to Tom's link I've discovered this site and it appears more mature, interesting, and alive. After I figure out how to navigate the boards I'll try and contribute my moderate views when possible. I'm juggling a busy schedule between work and the wife's pregnancy. I just want to give a...

View more questions Search