Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 10:25 PM
    Famous singer
    I was wondering I love my singing and song writing I really do want to be a famous singer (celebrity) non stop I write songs and I was wondering what's the best answer how do I find a way to be famous!
    singer10 Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Jun 2, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Well first of all, I have the same question but I do have a tip or two. To start, form a band with your friends. Go around your neighborhood where lots of people can here you. A crazy thing to do would be to go to a busy city corner and sing loudly and with your best voice. Get people to give you money as they walk by. If you get enough money (about 85$) then you can fly to Hollywood and look for record deals. If you don't get enough money then you have learned 2 things, 1: People are very cheap these days and 2:your voice might not be ready for a famous life. Be like Justin Bieber and post a video on YouTube with awesome dj's and backgrounds and dancing, you know, stuff to get noticed. I really hope these tips work and you get your wish.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by singer10 View Post
    If you get enough money (about 85$) then you can fly to Hollywood and look for record deals.
    Only $85? And what about hotel accommodations and food while she's in Hollywood? How will she get around? How does one find a record deal in a strange town?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 03:07 PM
    A crazy thing to do would be to go to a busy city corner and sing loudly and with your best voice.
    You can't just sing loudly on a street corner. Street musicians are regulated by village or city ordinance. There is a fee of as much as $100.00. There may be taxes to pay too.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria14 View Post
    i was wondering i love my singing and song writing i really do want to be a famous singer (celebrity) non stop i write songs and i was wondering whats the best answer how do i find a way to be famous!
    Sing wherever you can solo or in groups -- at church, in school, for musicals, in the choir, as a volunteer thing at nursing homes and hospitals. Make YouTube videos of your singing and hope they go viral. Of course, do all this with parents' permission.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Well first of all, I have the same question but I do have a tip or two. To start out, form a band with your friends. Go around your neighborhood where lots of people can here you. A crazy thing to do would be to go to a busy city corner and sing loudly and with your best voice. Get people to give you money as they walk by. If you get enough money (about 85$) then you can fly to Hollywood and look for record deals. If you dont get enough money then you have learned 2 things, 1: People are very cheap these days and 2:your voice might not be ready for a famous life. Be like Justin Bieber and post a video on youtube with awesome dj's and backgrounds and dancing, you know, stuff to get noticed. I really hope these tips work and you get your wish.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

What? I realize you are 10 years old but this is simply bad advice. It is illegal to sing on street corners and beg for money.

Hollywood is NOT the recording capital of the US. Where do you live that a ticket to Hollywood by air is $85.00?

Just because people don't want to finance your career doesn't mean they are cheap. As I advised you on your other thread, there are a lot of SUCCESSFUL singers. There are not a lot of FAMOUS singers.

This is very bad, illogical advice. I trust you aren't begging on street corners. Several things could happen to you, including ending up dead.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2011, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria14 View Post
    i was wondering i love my singing and song writing i really do want to be a famous singer (celebrity) non stop i write songs and i was wondering whats the best answer how do i find a way to be famous!
    Please ignore singer10's advice. As noted there is a lot of bad and wrong advice there.

The real question is do you want a career singing or do you just want to be famous? The odds are very much against you being famous, but they are a lot better that you can make a career for yourself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 11:14 AM
    Well first of all, I have the same question but I do have a tip or two. To start out, form a band with your friends. Go around your neighborhood where lots of people can here you. A crazy thing to do would be to go to a busy city corner and sing loudly and with your best voice. Get people to give you money as they walk by. If you get enough money (about 85$) then you can fly to Hollywood and look for record deals. If you don't get enough money then you have learned 2 things, 1: People are very cheap these days and 2:your voice might not be ready for a famous life. Be like Justin Bieber and post a video on youtube with awesome dj's and backgrounds and dancing, you know, stuff to get noticed. I really hope these tips work and you get your wish.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Just when I think I have seen the worst advice ever, I am surprised. First I am would guess from the question you are a younger teen or under. And standing at the street corner and asking for money for songs is illegal in most places, will require permits in others. Next sorry even on Air Tran you are not going to fly anywhere for 85 dollars.

Slso great to have aweson DJ and dancing and background, if you have a few 1000 dollars go for it.

But seriously these people need honest real answers, not jokes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I become a famous singer when I'm only 11 [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sydney rubino and I'm only 11 but I really want to become a singer like kesha or one of those people.everyone tells me I have the talent.

Famous singer [ 8 Answers ]

How do I become a famous signer

How can I Become A Famous Singer? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi!! My Name is Genny and I am 11 yrs old. I have an AMAZING voice. People are always saying that I should be famous for singing! But there are a few problems. One, I can't find any agent:confused: . Two, I don't know if my family could afford for me to be in any contests if they cost a lot of...

How can I become a famous singer? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, people, how can I become a famous singer? I've been trying for EVER! But I can't figure it out. Help?:confused:

How do I become a famous singer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a band and singers, but how do I start performing?? How do I become famous?:confused:

View more questions Search