Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twinks2388 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 12:29 AM
    Ipad 2 storage? Which to get?
    Hey,

My boyfriend is going to Afghanistan for about 5 months and before he goes I wanted to give him an iPad 2 preloaded with photos of myself, his family, photos of home, music and most importantly movies. I don't own one myself so I'm not sure which one to get him? I think his primary use of it over there would be the internet to e-mail home, play games and skype. Would the 16gb suffice or should I go with the 32? How many movies can a 16gb hold anyway? Thanks a lot!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 24, 2011, 07:10 AM

The bigger the better in this case. It is not only the data you want to send wit him, but remember to leave him room to store video or other items he may want to make.
    pistofernandez Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 09:41 AM
    Keep in mind that he will probably be able to rent/buy movies even while there, as most of them have internet access, so I wouldn't worry about space for movies, an uncompressed movie can take about 3GB so it wouldn't be too wise to fill up the iPad with movies, the picture themselves and music would be just fine with 16gb 32 is a bit better but 16 should be enough if your budget does not get there
    Rafiullah Ahmad Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 01:44 AM

The 32GB is only about $100 more. Go with the 32GB. If you're going to spend about $500 for the wifi 16GB, my as well spend an extra $100 and get twice the storage capacity. Just makes sense to me you know?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From the computers to iPad [ 3 Answers ]

How to transfer song to the iPad

IPAD & office [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there are "office" apps for this?

How do I get a number for messaging on my iPad? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get a number for messaging on my iPad?

New Apple iPad [ 13 Answers ]

So I saw the iPad Keynote on Apples website, what does everyone think about it? Is it worth buying when it comes out, or is it better to wait like with the iPhone.

View more questions Search