Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grunners Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 03:35 PM
    1980/90s animated sci-fi movie - title?
    I had a VHS as a young child (I was born 1980) of an animated movie set in space. I recall one particular scene where there was some sort of intergalactic beauty pageant, during which the good guys came under attack. Their principle defence, if I recall correctly, were small circular 'shields' that moved over the outside of the ship, attempting to block lasers etc.

During the attack, one character was watching the pageant on TV from his small ship. One of the characters in the pageant was a somewhat shy young girl.

Some (all?) of the characters, including the two above, were of Japanese appearance.

Any clues as to this films name?
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 07:54 PM

Maybe something in the
    Macross saga

Possibly,.

Macross
    a.k.a. Robotech

more info
    Grunners Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 02:06 AM
    Yeah, looks like Robotech, though I was sure it was a movie, not a series. Looks about right though! Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown movie title- 80s/90s cartoon/animated movie about a dance? About 15 min long? [ 2 Answers ]

Gosh please help! I can't remember the title of it and my memory is hazy but it was like a really short cartoon movie, probably 15 minutes long and it was like a bunch of girls going to a dance. I think they were in a hurry like they were late. And there was something about a white convertible...

I >NEED< to find the title of this animated 90s movie! [ 1 Answers ]

I really don't remember much, but when I was a kid I remember seeing this animated movie and loving it, so please help me find it! I need to make it clear that it WAS NOT disney. I'm pretty sure that's a fact, feel free to contadict me if you think you have the answer though. It was animated...

Animated movie title from 90s [ 3 Answers ]

I vaguely remember an animated movie from my childhood. It had these weird alien creatures in it that looked like pill bugs but they're huge. I think that the main character was a girl. I believe I saw this movie in the early 90s. Someone please help! This is going to drive me insane! ...

80's animated sci fi movie, need title. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm pretty sure this movie was released in the mid 80's, I'm not certain of the plot but it involved earth being occupied by some sort of alien invaders that used giant mechs/robots. I can remember the main hero of the film being invited to some sort of testing facillity, where he is given...

Animated sci-fi movie title [ 4 Answers ]

I saw a movie the other day, and I do not know the name. I saw it at like 3 in the morning on encore. It was entirely animated. It was sci-fi, and there were futuristic scenes as well fantasy scenes. It was very long. It had like sub-plots in it; different stories within the story. It went back and...

View more questions Search