Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rkkirby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Gas blower
    I have a craftsman gas blower. It will not start. I have made a new batch of fuel, clean the carb and taken the head off and there is scratches in the cylinder. Before I replace the head and piston, I want to know if the piston is pressed on the connecting rod and how easy is it to replace.
    queball Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Before you try to replace the head and piston, how bad are the scratches. Are they deep scratches or only shallow ones. If they are only shallow then they may be part of the way it is supposed to be. And by the way, have you tried checking the plug yet?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 11:47 PM
    If it has any scratches... they are not supposed to be there and are your problem (low compression) the piston is not pressed on, it uses a wrist pin to hold it to the connecting rod... and two rings to hold the pin in place... if you remove the cylinder, you can remove the rod and piston as a assembly...

I'd price the parts versus a new one... most of them are not worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blower Motor [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old Rheem gas furnace. My fan blower motor stopped working. I had Sears order me a new one. The installer walked away, giving up because he couldn't get the old motor out of the housing. I got it out and installed the new one myself. Everything turns freely. I made the furnace turn on and...

Sears Gas blower will not speed up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Houston,TX were we use our lawn equipment all year round. I have a 4yr old 32cc Sears gas blower that has served me well, but now it will not speed up even with a new carburetor. Every time I tried to throttle up it dies. I checked the spark plug and it's good, and knowing it's not...

Blower trouble with gas furnace [ 6 Answers ]

The blower on my gas furnace doesn't always start. The thermostat is fine and the blower spins freely. The furnace lights off fine but sometimes the blower doesn't want to start. I should mention it is a direct drive blower. (no belt). Do I need a new motor. Or could it be a faulty switch or relay...

Gas fireplace blower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I troubleshoot a new Kozy Heat gas fireplace blower that is not working?

View more questions Search