Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glbixler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Received a Summons from collection Agency.
    I was served a Summons of Supreme Court today. A Collection Agency is sewing me on behalf of a 4 year old Dentist Bill. I called up Collection Dept. and set up a payment plan. Is there anything I need to do, Before a Court date is issued?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 02:01 PM

Yes. You need to appear in Court. It is my feeling that the collection agency will get a Judgment against you on behalf of the Dentist but will not attempt to collect on it as long as you keep your payments current. If you become delinquent, then they will enforce the Judgment.

This is standard practice.
    glbixler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 02:20 PM
    My paymnent plan was arranged with the Collections Sueing me. What more do I need to do? For California Law
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 03:51 PM

Did you read what I posted? That's what you need to do.

Unless the collection agency guaranteed IN WRITING that they will drop the lawsuit... well, I've already said it once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons by collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons from California Service Bureau,Inc. about a $ 5112.31 debt from Seton Medical Center and would like to know how to respond to it. I wasn't given an itemized explanation of what the debt was for. A lawyer's office filed the case and while I'm waiting for him to call me back...

Summons from collection agency [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do, should I call debt collector to make payments arrangements or talk to a lawyer? Please help!

Summons from Collection Agency [ 6 Answers ]

Recently received summons from a collection agency that a lawsuit has been started against me. What is the best way to respond to the court. I am unemployed, have no income or savings. I have not been working due to illness and am waiting for judgement on disability. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Summons from Collection Agency [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons this weekend from a collection agency. It is for a credit card debt of $2,000. I was advised to appear in court 30 days from the date on the summons which is January 25, 2007. I had resumed payment of this credit card in December, when the summons was filed, after not...

View more questions Search