Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnbaptist1981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Theft under 5000
    Wondering what is the most possible sentence for a guy25 who stole 3 batteries in superstore ?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
    You are in Canada?

Maximum of 2 years in jail.

Most likely you won't get any jail time if this is your first offence.

Talk with a lawyer.
    johnbaptist1981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Yes, Iam in Canada.And mostly what is the punishment for my case? My case was very stupid... I went to superstore with my friend,he told me he needed to buy batteries, and then I took it for him, he took the batteries out of the package and gave me back the empty package to let me throw it, I did not do that and gave him back the package ,when he throw it away, the security saw it. ( The security said because I picked the batteries and that's why I am under arrest. About my friend, he just threw the backage away,that's why none of his business...
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Sounds to me like you have a case for an acquittal.

Contact a lawyer who can better help you.
    MrBill Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 11:07 PM
    If you didn't leave the store with the batteries in your possession or try to leave with them then they have no case. I would personally file a counter suit against the store.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 10:10 AM
    I agree with you Mr. Bill in that from the sounds of it, John shouldn't be convicted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Ok me and 2 other guys got caught for theft under 5000, the total cost of the items was4300 or something... Im the only one over 18, others are 16 my share of the thngs was approx 1200... I was just wondering what kind of punishment am I looking at? This is my first offence, I haven't so much as...

Theft Under $5000 [ 12 Answers ]

Ok I live in toronto and me and my friend just a made a mistake by doing shoplifting or aka "theft under $5000" at the local zellers. I'm 16 years old and this if my first ofence. I have a court date on feb.28 with my friend too and I have yet to hire a lawyer. I'm so young I dunt want my life...

Theft under 5000.. [ 7 Answers ]

Last year, I was charged with theft under 5000. And just as usual I went to court , but the thing is that this was my first offence. So they were very easy with me, I had to do some diversion program and you I did that. When back to court and I was free too go. Some people told me that when I...

Theft under $5000.. : ( [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I just got caught stealing from the Bay (HBC). I was first put under arrest.. brought into the back of the store and they took all of my information etc. etc. They checked my criminal record and everything, and since I don't have one they did not charge me but I'm not allowed going into...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

View more questions Search