Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 08:17 AM
    Alien in my body?
    Okay, I did a quick search, but didn't see anything similar.

I'm having a very hard time articulating this, so bear with me.

Lately, I am waking up in the middle of the night and feeling like I am an alien in my own body. It's sort of like I wake up and am wearing the wrong body. My clothes feel wrong, the sheets feel wrong, my pillows are all wrong, and the room feels like I'm in the wrong place.

Mostly it's the feeling of being trapped in the wrong body.

Is this normal? Am I a freak that needs to see someone about this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 08:56 AM

Here is the thing you have to consider. When you were growing up you went through many many changes in your body. It wasn't an overnight process it took years to accomplish. Right now your going through massive changes including hormones raging. Its not taking years this time but months to occur. Also right now you feel vulnerable and helpless because you can't do anything but wait it out. It is a lot of stress in the "not knowing". Your concerns are valid. And your feeling of helplessness is working against you at this time. If its truly on your mind then seek help about it but realize that like any life experience its up to the individual who has them as to how it relates to the given situation. Lets face it your heading down the road to an entire new life. It's a huge responsibility. So feelings that take you away from the experience is normal. Playing what if games in your head is normal too. In my opinion what your saying is quite normal because of the road you have traveled to get here. And it seems like a dream state that your waking in.

Try to relax and reattatch yourself for the coming miracle that is happening to you. Seek comfort in the fact that you're a strong person. And realize that change is on the way. Your body is doing incredible things at this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nonresident alien and spouse resident alien Married filing jointly [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on F1 visa (non-resident alien) and my spouse is on H-1B visa (resident alien). We are looking at filing our taxes as Married filing jointly. My social security and medicare taxes were withheld. 1)Can I file for the refund of social security taxes withheld erroneously? Would I be treated as a...

An alien enters a girl's body [ 1 Answers ]

An alien enters a girl's body and a woman helps her. The alien has sex and wants to take over a man's body

Dual-status alien or alien resident income tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am getting ready to prepare our 2009 tax returns and am not sure what to do. I am a US citizen. My husband is a permanent resident. He arrived in the US from Italy in February 2009 on a K-1 visa. We married in March and he got his green card in July 2009. My husband worked in Italy...

Resident alien married to Nonresident alien- 1040 details [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a straightforward question: I am a resident alien who is married to a nonresident alien. We have one child who is my dependent. I will be filing as head of household and will claim an exemption for my wife (she does not work) and for my child. Do I still need to write my wife's...

View more questions Search