Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladensmom Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Apr 22, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Child's Swollen Face
    Hello. My son is 2 years old and his face is slightly swollen one one side. His doctor told me to give him clartin and it isn't working. What should I do? Why is this happening? Please help me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 08:49 AM

Call the Doctor and ask him/her.

We cannot diagnose over the Internet.
    ladensmom Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Apr 22, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Hi Judy. I understand that you cannot diagnose online. But at this point I have no idea what the problem could be or what could cause this. I guess I was expecting a little insight from you.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 22, 2011, 09:04 AM
    [QUOTE=ladensmom;2780203]Hi Judy. I understand that you cannot diagnose online. But at this point I have no idea what the problem could be or what could cause this. I guess I was expecting a little insight from you.[/QUOT

Well, the point is, if it were MY child, and I had no idea of what could possibly be going on-AFTER the fact that I already took him to the doctor once, I would be calling my pediatrician ASAP and not caring so much what other people online think.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladensmom View Post
    Hi Judy. I understand that you cannot diagnose online. But at this point I have no idea what the problem could be or what could cause this. I guess I was expecting a little insight from you.

If MY child has a swollen face, I take him to see a Doctor, the prescribed treatment doesn't work - I go back to the Doctor. I don't look for "insight" on the Internet.

I don't understand why you aren't doing that. You appear to have time to post on the Internet. Take a few minutes to call the Doctor.

I trust you mean Claritin - over the counter. I have never heard of Clartin.

I would further suggest that you read the rules of AMHD. You gave me a "disagree" because you don't like what I have to say. The rules clearly state that "disagree" is to be used when an answer is factually incorrect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have you ever cleaned your child's face with spit in front of everybody in public? [ 7 Answers ]

I have seen mothers do this at restaurants and parking lots. I wonder what others think about this

Cavalier King Charles (dog) - face swollen [ 1 Answers ]

Keep a close eye on her. She could be having an allergic reaction to something. You can try a small dose (about 2mg/kg) of Benadryl and see if that works. How much does she weigh (approx)?

Cavalier King Charles - face swollen [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first post/question. We have a 7 month old Cavalier King Charles. We noticed over the past few days that she seemed to rub her eyes a lot and rub her nose in the mat but did not make much of it. This evening however, her eyes are very puffed and from her eyes down to her month...

Swollen lump on face [ 1 Answers ]

What cause a swollen spot on my face it has fever it is about the size of an egg and hurts like crazy could it be a boil it has infection in it

View more questions Search