Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purejasmine21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 08:29 PM
    Is it obvious he likes me?
    I will have to describe my situation and it will be quite long. Please bare with it and help me out, especially the guys.

So, I have a guy friend who I consider as a close friend even though we do not share personal life information at all. I have known him for five years, or almost six years already. I consider him close because he is one of the first guys that I actually hanged out with and had fun with every time. We are both attending the same University right now and I have one class with him (and I have before too, just like in high school). He does not mess around and poke me when we are in class or around his friends that I do not know well. However, he pokes me a lot when we are alone together and find ways to "touch" me by taking my cell phone or something that belongs to me. He likes to talk about silly things and respond with what comes to mind even when I ask him a serious question. He often avoids the relationship topic when I ask questions about it as well. What does that mean?
    I do not see him poke or cheer anyone up as much as me. He has bought me gifts whenever he goes to disneyland,when it is my birthday, or just randomly. The things he gives me is usually a surprise. I asked my other friends if he does the same thing to them, they would say no. He is pretty close to them like me too, but he does not give gifts to them the way he does to me. In high school, he and I wrote letters to each other all the time. We did not spend time to hang out, but we communicated to each other through that way.
    He is usually honest with me like when I look tired or when I am not doing well on something he tells me straight up; but does not do that in a mean way. We have spoken on the phone before, and that was a long time ago. I remember that he did not say very much over the phone that time we talked. He kept making funny noises and asked random questions, but when we are not speaking at all he does not tell me to hang up either. It was funny. Anyway, we never talked on the phone again. I do not call him and he does not call me either, only if we have something quick to discuss. Does that have a meaning? Would a guy who likes a girl never call her because they are friends or what? We do text when he wants to hang out or I want to hang out or just for the heck of it.
    He used to be so busy though, because he was involved in the band on campus. Now, he is not anymnore. We see each other more often. A week ago or so, I posted something on my Facebook saying that I had tears in my eyes without mentioning that I attended a funeral. He texted me a couple of minutes after seeing that comment post. He asked whether I was okay. I just find that surprising, because no one else cared to ask when he did. It made me happy. It was also one of the most quick text he has ever sent.

I have always had a feeling that he liked me at the beginning of our freshmen year in college, but I never bothered to ask. All that I have seen and received in high school never really made me feel that he likes me more than a friend until I realized the difference of how he is towards me and other people.
    Recently, I feel that I am beginning to develop feelings for him and after all, maybe he has feelings for me. I am still quite unsure about that, so now I have the curiosity of whether what he have done in the past and is doing today is telling me that he likes me more than just a friend... or is it he considers me someone special to him (but not more as a good friend to him). Please give me advice or tell me what is going on.
    I just want to ask him directly and point out all the things he had done and how I feel different with him. However, I do not want to risk the friendship or make things awkward between the two of us.
    Im afraid I may be misjudging everything..

Thanks in advance!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2011, 08:42 PM

A good, strong, lasting relationship - whether friendship or love - is built upon open communication and honesty. Ask him. If you have a good, strong, lasting friendship and you are misjudging things then you both can move past it. If you aren't misjudging it you can move to the next level. Whatever is meant to happen will happen anyhow. :)

Good luck and let us know!

Hugs, Didi
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 10:24 AM

Just talk straight and honest to him, as you just want to know if he feels as you do, and what you should do about it.

Most times I would say that a guy will pursue if his interest were strong enough, but the truth here should be brought to light, just so you both know how each other feels about the other.
    EmbracingPose Posts: 15, Reputation: -2

May 11, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Yes, he is either gay OR very much interested in you. You should let him know how you feel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't drive, but a girl in class made it obvious that she likes me [ 11 Answers ]

Well yeah I don't drive and a girl in my class made it obvious in front of the class that she likes me (she didn't say it like that, but you get my story). But I don't know how to drive, and obviously I don't want her to find out, so does anyone know what I should do? By the way this is a one...

View more questions Search