Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ziggurat2009 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Second Date 101
    I realize I'm probably over thinking this.

I got a new job and a fellow trainee said I'd be a good match for her friend. We all met at a restaurant along with some other of their mutual friends. They all left and told us to get to know each other. We went for short drive to the beach but it was raining so I dropped her off at her car and ended the night. She has added me on Facebook and I want to ask her out but I'm not sure what the best way to do it is.

Should I write her on FB and ask for her phone number then call her? Or should I just write her on FB and ask her if she's free this weekend then ask her number? I have a great date idea in mind but its 30 minutes away. There are a bunch of shops and a lively marketplace. Then there would be a 30 minute drive home, is that too long for a second date?

As of right now, I was just going to write her on FB saying "Whats your phone number?" then save the chatter for a phone conversation.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Apr 20, 2011, 07:28 PM
    She gave you her Facebook, that's encouraging. Send her a message on it, and tell her you liked talking to her and you'd like to go out with her, can you call her? Good luck!

Apr 20, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Comment on summer_girl's post
    Hah, well you see, I do not have her number yet. That's sort of what's holding me back here, should I ask her out on FB or get her number then call her to ask her out? Thanks for your reply :)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 11:05 AM

How about you send a message saying that you enjoyed hanging out with her last time and you hope to do it again. See her response to see if she was just as excited and interested in a second date. Once she responds positively, then ask her for her number.

Apr 21, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Comment on I wish's post
    Thank you, I just did that. I'm pretty sure she'll reciprocate, I've seen a few indicators already. Thanks!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2011, 03:32 PM

I think the date suggestion sounds really good! Gives you enough time while driving there and back to talk more and get to know each other, but not the risk of too much awkward blank time in the conversation.

A good mix of time alone, and time in a public place that is lively and entertaining.

Have fun!
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Apr 21, 2011, 07:58 PM
    Comment on summer_girl's post
    If she says yes you can call her, of course she'd have to give her number--or ask for yours! Wishing you a new beginning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Econ 101 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please answer this question typed out with their work on how they did it? Thank you 'C' pays $61 per unit per year. An investor bought five units of 'C' at $1000 each, five units, at $995 each, and five more units at $980 each. Then the investor bought five more units so that the...

Need help with my denon s-101 [ 0 Answers ]

My denon s-101 receiver won't accept my dvd cd why?

Physics 101 [ 6 Answers ]

If a vehicle traveled 40 km/h in to the city and returned at 60 km/h, what is the average speed for the entire trip?:confused:

English 101 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a college student with authism. I need help understanding how to wrte a thesis statement and other papers. Please recommend materials that can help me pass my college English 101 class. Thanks Ryan

View more questions Search