Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luke12345 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 04:19 PM
    Charge off
    I have a charge off from a pa bank on my property in nj can I vacate the charge off on the proptery by going to court with out filing bankruptcey
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 05:44 PM

Depends on exactly what you mean by charge off. If you mean a debit was written off it actually is still a valid debt. A write off is just an accounting measure, not a debt forgiveness. Tell us more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 07:28 PM

Yes, if it is merely showing wrote off on your credit report you still owe it, "charge off" or "write off" is merely accounting terms that means it has written that debt off its taxes as a bad debt.

If they latter collect , they have to adjust their taxes owed by that debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative charge of -3.0 * 10^-6 and a positve charge of 4.0 * 10^-6 are separated by [ 1 Answers ]

I neeed help on my homework and how I am supposed to do it...

Might have a charge? [ 6 Answers ]

So, I was at work today and I get an email from a BI investigator to call her about my BI. I call and she ask me about what happened when I shoplifted back in the year 2000. Problem is I did not shoplift, the guy I was with shoplifted a pack of cigarettes. Mind you we are on a military base as...

How much charge [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to now how much charge per Sq foot to paint ,offices 2 coat of eggshell finish.

Charge off [ 2 Answers ]

If a car has been charged off do it also have to be turned back in?

Charge off [ 5 Answers ]

Lhr inc called today and the lady left a message stating that she had my file on her desk and a case # as well.My original creditor charged the account off so, I guess it was sold to lhr.What should I do at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search