Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pamela0 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 07:47 PM
    What is the next step after filling in the deep end of an inground pool with cement?
    What is the next step after filling in the deep end of an inground pool with cement? Does it need to be sealed?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Apr 20, 2011, 04:33 AM
    I take it that it is a conrete pool?
    The next thing you need to do is wet it down 2 times a day for 7 days and after that it should be plastered

Apr 20, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Comment on chaosmaster1's post
    We need step by step intructions if you know how. Do you put gravel in before the concrete or just the concrete? Do we use rebar next? And do we concrete the deep end and the shallow end so there is no seam as well as the plaster? How do we waterproof the filled in floor so water doesn't leak... is there a patch. This is a concrete pool and we are buying a house that has an existing pool but we don't want a deep end. Thank you for any information you can give us.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Apr 20, 2011, 06:13 PM
    To do it properly will run about 8 to 12,000$

What you really need to do is give a reputable pool company a call. This is not a task for the average person. Essentially what they will do is extend the plumbing and reinforce the area with rebar pour the concrete after 7 days they will come in and replaster the pool. Plaster is the waterproofing agent used in gunite type pools

Apr 20, 2011, 07:07 PM
    Comment on chaosmaster1's post
    Thank you so much for this information. You have been a huge help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cement around an inground pool [ 2 Answers ]

We are ripping up old bricks around an inground pool and we want to place cement around it instead. We just don't know how to go about doing it ourselves. Any ideas?

Cement Inground Pool liner leaking. [ 4 Answers ]

We have received a quote to fiberglass the pool for $12500 and don't really want to spend that much. As it is a cement pool underneath the liner can we pull off the liner and then patch up any seams in the cement and paint it? Thanks.

What type of cement do I use to repair bottom of inground pool [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I'm replacing the liner on my 16x32 inground pool, it has metal walls and cement bottom, some of the cement has eroded and I would like to patch it, what kind of cement is used and do I need to treat existing cement before new cement will adhere? I live in Ontario Canada, which freezes during...

Inground pool - drop in or re cement? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an inground pool that has a cement bottom. It is around 20 years old - cracks starting to appear... time to replace. Do I resuface the cement, or "drop in" a fiber glass pool (like they do with shower stalls... )? Thanks!

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

View more questions Search