Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wdrbbq Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 10:05 AM
    How do I get an rss feed from Zap2It TV listings to my igoogle home page?
    I've recently switched my home page from My Yahoo to iGoogle because my Yahoo no longer offers local TV listings. The TV Guide module for iGoogle always begins with prime time listings instead of the listings for the current time, which is extremely lame. I would like to get an rss feed that would bring the listings for my favorite channels from Zap2It, which always shows current time listings rather than prime time listings if I choose, as well as allowing me to choose the channels for which I want listings, to my iGoogle homepage but I can't find one.
    Failing that, I would appreciate it if someone could supply an rss feed and instructions on how to apply it for a different site that would show current listings as well as allow me to customize for my favorite over the air broadcast channels. Thanks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2011, 10:23 AM
    I did a search for the gadgets for iGoogle and found this: Add gadgets to your homepage

Apr 19, 2011, 10:30 AM
    I just got an email notification that NeedKarma has answered this question but when I click on the link I get "Sorry, no answers yet". I'm confused.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Yea, this site is buggy that way. Can you see my post above?

Apr 19, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Ok, now I see NeedKarma's response. Thanks, but I'm looking for a feed that will give me a listing of my favorite channels displayed in current time instead of just prime time. If I go to the Zap2It site I can specify My Favorite Channels and get the grid such that when I click on the desktop icon I've created, my favorite channels only are listed, beginning with the current time. I would like to incorporate that into my iGoogle home page.
    The links supplied by NeedKarma show Zap2It rss feeds but the only relevant one for actual listings is the one for the prime time display.
    Does anyone know of another TV listings site which supplies an rss feed that will allow me to specify my favorite over the air broadcast channels beginning with the current time that I can incorporate into my iGoogle home page?
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2011, 11:04 AM
    I think that content, the way you want it displayed, is just too much to fit into a Google gadget for an iGoogle page.

Apr 19, 2011, 11:22 AM
    Ok, I'll take your word for it. I can't understand why, though. For a couple of years my Yahoo was my home page and up to a week or so ago they had a module that I chose that did exactly what I'm looking for now except it was an option I chose from their "My Yahoo" options menu rather than an rss feed. It was perfect but it now has been discontinued. I don't know why. In the couple of years I've had it on my home page I haven't had a single problem with it.
    If anyone can come up with a link to a site that would give me what I'm looking for please let me know. Thanks again.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2011, 11:26 AM
    You can try these ones: Add gadgets to your homepage

Apr 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
    Thanks but I've already been there. That's where I got the TV Guide gadget that I mentioned in the original question. It opens with prime time and is a nightmare to crank backwards to get to what's on other than at prime time. I'm looking for one that opens with current time listings.
    However, I've got another iGoogle related question. I have installed the option called Sports Scores into my iGoogle home page. The problem is that in the options section Eastern Standard time is automatically checked off as my time zone. It's Daylight Savings time here in Rhode Island so all of my start times are early by an hour. How can I adjust it so the starting times are correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RSS feed generation+using php [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can somebody please helpe me with this xml parser ? I tried and tried but I´m so bad about xml. I will generate the rss feed which has some lines. ( Not so much. Here is the .xml code that I want it to ne generated. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <rss version="2.0"> <channel>...

How do I display news from rss feed from another site using PHP. [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a project in wich I'm developing an auction site. To atract visitors I want to add news on the site. I am trying to include an rss feed from allafrica.com using something lyk this: Include "http://allafrica.com/.../headlines.xml"; It only displays unformated xml code. How do I...

RSS feed [ 1 Answers ]

What's RSS feed? And how do I set it up on my site?

What is RSS Feed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is RSS Feeds? Why we use it? Anybody can explain me :) I have little idea about it but I don't understand main purpose of it... Thanks in advance :o

View more questions Search