Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phionafifi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 05:25 AM
    How do I deal with my emotions?
    I am 22 years old. I met a guy two years ago with whom I fell in love with. He moved to California and left me alone. I got so sad, disappointed and depressed. I longed to see him every day but it was all in vain. I spent the entire year in such a situation. I grew so thin and so destructed. Until I met another guy who was so interested in me. I was so excited to fall in love again and feel so loved until after a month he decided that all he was doing was wrong. Since he had just broken up with his girlfriend. I am so sad all over again and there is this coldness in my heart that just can't go away. I really want him to come back to me. I always decide to let go but I find myself emotionally weak. My heart hurts so bad.I don't know what to do.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 05:58 AM

Sounds to me like you have a broken heart. I suggest seeing your doctor and taking some antidepressants for a short period. Seriously, hon, you are making yourself ill. Go have a word with your doctor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2011, 10:45 AM

Slow down and leave the guys alone for a while, and have some good times with family, and friends, and let those hurt feelings heal up. With they opposite sex, its best to go slow and let things develop for a while at their own pace, instead of jumping in with everything all at once.

We all have those disappointments but as far as feelings go, both good and bad, we have to keep them under good control. How old are you?? That has a lot to do with your being able to cope with your feelings.
    ajwain Posts: 55, Reputation: 11

Apr 19, 2011, 10:51 AM
    sometimes relationships don't end up as you want them to be. And it hurts a lot!but you have to get over it.. as soon as possible for your own good. In your 1st case your boyfriend left you.did he think about you? Also now the other person just used you to get over with a recent breakup.so why are you torturing yourself for such people who don't value you?take a break.. relax and enjoy your freedom!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 05:31 PM
    I would recommend staying alone for a while. It seems as if you are not happy on your own. Why do you feel the need to have a guy present to feed you happiness. Not only is that really annoying and effort consuming to the guy, but it gets old and tiring. If you want to be happy with someone, you have to be able to bring some of that happiness to the table as well. For you to be able to accomplish that, it is required for you to be ale to achieve happiness on your own before trying to pass it on to other people, if you don't learn to do that before the next guy, then we will see you here again after your next relationship. Work on yourself before you try to make something work as a team.

Good Luck,
    Javi
    phionafifi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 02:52 AM
    Thank you all for all the solutions. I feel a load off my chest. Thank u a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed emotions [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I'm not quite sure where to begin... I have been with my boyfriend for about 1 year and 5 months and I have done some things I'm not proud of and he knows most of it. And yet he still wants to be with me.. I love him and he loves me but he is the first real...

So much emotions [ 7 Answers ]

Sometimes I feel toward some person love and suddenly I hate them, and then love them and at the time I don't like them I just pick a fight with them or just criticize them for remembering little things they did or I just picked up in it and I did not like it at the time but did not affect me that...

No emotions [ 6 Answers ]

I really think I'm going crazy or I'm just not normal I have a child of 7 yrs and I have no feelings for them at all not like some mothers do I've been like this since they were born I've tried but everything they do grates me

Dealing with Emotions [ 8 Answers ]

In a professional capacity, would you say it is okay to be "angry or emotional"?

View more questions Search