Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piyushmalvia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 05:06 AM
    What happens when an accelerated charged particle strikes a neutral particle?
    When an accelerated ion strikes a neutral atom at a pressure of 10m Hg in a discharge tube then why does the ionization of the gas present in the discharge tube further increases ?

I meant ,
    What happens when a charged accelerated particle strikes a neutral particle ?
    1) Does the neutral particle breaks into two oppositely charged particles and split ? If yes then why explain the mechanism of the process.

Or

2) Does the constituent part of the neutral particle combines with the accelerated charged particle and splits the other constituent part ? If yes then why explain the mechanism of the process.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

Check out some similar questions!

A particle that must turn twice before looking the same [ 2 Answers ]

I remember reading a while back about a particle that had to spin twice before it looked the same and it blew my mind but I forgot the name of this particle. I think its something like a 1/2 turn particle. Any ideas what this might be?

Cycloid path of charged particle in electric and magnetic field.. [ 1 Answers ]

Please anyone can explain me the cycloid path of a charged particle in mutually perpendicular electric and magnetic field.. I have a lot of confusion over it...

Particle energy reduction [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've been thinking about particle energy, the energy within particles we find when they are annihilated. When particles are annihilated do they give off only one frequency or are there multiple energies or frequencies released from the particle in question? Has anyone tested particle energy...

Alpha particle acceleration [ 8 Answers ]

So if you have an alpha particle accelerated to 23.1 MeV per particle. How do you convert it to find the energy in kJ/mole?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.