Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doublefours44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 09:27 PM
    Everything you need to know about getting your cartilage pierced?
    On Saturday I am going to get my cartilage pierced, and I've have been reading all this stuff about how its bad to get in pierced with a gun. Should I get it pierced with a gun or needle? And I was wondering how bad it hurts.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 19, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Always get piercings done with a needle. Using guns is unsanitary as they can only clean it with an alcohol rub so it doesn't kill blood-born pathogens like HIV and hepatitis. Also, guns can shatter/damage cartilage. With a needle, its hollow so it won't create any damaged tissue/cartilage. Of course it is going to hurt, you're having a needle pushed through your ear but it isn't unbearable otherwise it wouldn't be such a common piercing. Eat a good meal beforehand, have someone there to hold your hand and just relax, it will be fine. Make sure you follow after care instructions carefully and try not to touch your new piercing, if you have to make sure you have clean hands! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I pierced my own cartilage and it REALLY hurts [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I know it had to be one of the stupidest things ever but yes I did let my friend pierce my cartilage 5 days ago. I didn't hurt at all when I did it. We iced it, they marked the spot with a pin, and they stuck the ear ring through. That night and the next day I was fine, but now it's...

I pierced my own cartilage [ 5 Answers ]

I pierced my own Cartilage yesterday and it doesn't hurt and I'm fine and what not and I got my cartilage pierced before but it got infected and closed so I perced it in the same spot yesterday, but I was wondering what are the chances of my cartilage shattering?

Getting my cartilage pierced! [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to centre parks at the beginning on march so I will be in and out of the pool a lot! If I get my upper ear cartilage pierced, would I be able to go swimming a lot? Thanks for your help everyone in advance!

I just got my cartilage pierced [ 8 Answers ]

And the piercer told me to clean it four to five times a day for two weeks, then only clean it 2-3 times a day. He told me to rotate it back and forth cause I got it done with a needle, and they gave me a hoop. Is that the wrong thing to do? It has been a few days now, and my ear hurts when I touch...

View more questions Search