Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidbrown1951 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Caregiver for my mother
    My wife is unemployed and feels my mother needs bomeone here with her now in Missouri can she get benefits, and will my mothers ss be cut if living in the same house mom is 92
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2011, 04:23 PM

A family member normally can not get any payment or benefit, you will need to hire someone though a medicare approved agency that is licensed with your state, they can provide care givers for her.

Of course if your mother is wealthy and want to just hire and pay her as a private care giver she may.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caregiver [ 1 Answers ]

This is a riddle to me... could you help me sort it out? Man with serious health problems on disability at time of affair fathered child. He signed paternity acknowledgement papers. Child will be 20 (twenty) next month. She has drawn against his social security for 18 years - just shy of...

Caregiver compensation [ 7 Answers ]

Since 2000 I have overseen my elderly mother's care. She is completely dependent on me. Have moved her more than once a year as she declined, bring her to my home a full day each week, take care of all dr appts etc, do finances. My sis, who lives in another state does not contribute or visit. In...

Caregiver in a will [ 2 Answers ]

My aunt had taken care of my grandmother from July 06 till jan 09,she worked full time the 1st yr,and also babysat her grand daughter the last 6 months. I am in Ontario canada. She and my brother are both executors to the will. She wants to make a claim against the will and knows she must step...

Is there compensation for a caregiver? [ 5 Answers ]

My elderly and disabled mother is moving in with my family, am I eligible for any compensation from the city, state, or government for her care? I live in Milwaukee, WI and I do not know where to start looking for information. I tried the social services website, but got nothing. If anyone has...

Caregiver forms [ 1 Answers ]

My child is not living with me at the moment. She is living with my aunt. Iam going through some rough times at the moment and do not want her to go through it as well. This stay is temporary, and She is supposed to start school this week but cannot because my aunts district school is not accepting...

View more questions Search