Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr_elge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 12:48 PM
    Out of breath, light headed, very very weak
    I feel like I cannot get enough oxygen. I am out of breath when doing even minor activity, but I feel out of breath even when just sitting idle and breathing normally. I also feel light headed and very weak. I also have acid reflux and a headache which hurts my eyes and sinus region. I don't know why but I feel that the acid reflux and the headaches are related to each other. I think I get a headache because of the acid reflux because if I take an over the counter acid reducer my acid reflux will go away but so too does my headache. All of the above mentions symptoms have been going on for about three weeks now and they are so severe I sometimes feel scared that I am going to pass out and die.

Aside from having abused tobacco, I don't drink or take drugs – I eat primarily organic or natural foods. My blood pressure has always been better than normal. I have not lost or gained any weight. I weigh about 185lbs and I am 6' tall. I am male and 42 years old. I smoke and have since I was 8 years old, although I have never smoked more than a pack a day and for the past few weeks have gotten down to a mere few a day as I have been feared into trying for the thousandth time to quit. My last physical was one year ago and I tested negative for all serious illnesses such as HIV, Diabetes, Heart Disease, etc and the doctor didn't mention any problems with my lungs.

My first self diagnosis is that it is obviously related to smoking, but what concerns me is that my symptoms have come on very strongly all of the sudden one day and up until that point I have never had any obvious side effects. I have been lucky.

I guess I assumed any serious problems would have gradually arisen and not become present all at once, which is why I am concerned I have something else going on.

I no longer have insurance and feel scared as I can't go get a physical or a check up and I fear that the next time I get to have any medical attention will be in an emergency room.

I know you can't possibly give me a diagnosis, but I am hoping you could provide some insight into some things that might be going on based on my symptoms. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2011, 06:18 PM

All the test were negative a year ago. I think you may be experiencing an anxiety disorder, something that causes you to over-worry about your health and your lifestyle habits. Reading up on and doing some relaxation might help. We are what we think, and you are going to worry yourself sick unless you take control of your unhealthy, negative thoughts about your health. And yes, even if there is nothing wrong with you, it is possible for worry to cause physical symptoms. You need to relax.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2011, 07:17 PM

Go to an ER for a diagnosis. I'm thinking anemia, possibly from one or more ulcers. Your symptoms are exactly as mine were in Fall, 2009. If anemia is not the diagnosis, at least doctors will figure out what is going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light headed/blurry vision [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why I am always light headed and stagger a lot plus I have blurry vision bit I feel fine laying down when I get up I am dizzy and stagger all over again . This is constant every day some are worse than other days Thanks

Dizzy-Light Headed [ 7 Answers ]

I have experienced being light headed but lately, since the middle of July, I have been experiencing it almost everyday. It has gotten worse. It went from light headed to vertigo. I don't know what it is or why this happens to me. Is there soemthign that causes dizzyness? Being indoors?...

Panic attacks and light headed. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering and hoping that someone might know what's wrong,as a child I always suffered with light headiness(dizzy spells) and that brought on panic attacks,lord rest my granny she suffered the same and always said if I take my mind off it it would ease it and I would stop thinking about...

Light headed [ 1 Answers ]

I have been extremely light headed and a little dizzy over the past few days. I am going to the Dr tomorrow but am interested to see some different opinions. I have been taking Lexapro but have missed the past week and a half as I ran out. Am wondering if this is the reason for the way I am...

View more questions Search