Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Appletoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 10:43 AM
    What is eating my family? (bug related)
    My son woke up about a month ago with these tiny mosquito like bumps all over his arm. I called Terminex and Orkin. They both came out and inspected. They found no sign of anything in his room or mine. A few weeks ago I woke up with some very itchy mosquito bumps on my arm... around 5 of them. I scratched them until they swell up. Still nothing was found. I captured a bug crawling across my bed and I called both companies back. They both agreed that it wasn't a bed bug.. it was a carpet beetle and they don't bite. What could it be?? I do have a cat; she doesn't go outside or interact with other animals so I'm guessing the culprit can't be fleas.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2011, 11:30 AM

It only takes a couple mosquitoes to do that loose in the house... and they can be hard to find. Depending on where you live it might be that time of year for them.

Could be spider bites of an unknown tiny variety. Fleas, mites, etc... DO keep looking however. You will stand a better chance of finding something sooner if you do.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanna01 View Post
    This happens only in case of mosquitoes..
    Mosquito's aren't the only insects that bite. Or can be found in a home... or raise those sorts of welts. Any bug that bites can do it. And some are very hard to find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troll boy in a tree house and more bug bad trolls in a cave eating chicken [ 0 Answers ]

Troll boy in a tree house and more big bad trolls in a cave eating chicken or something like that. Its an animated movie from the 80's I believe

Bug eating [ 4 Answers ]

Our 5 month old lab , Wingnut, has a facination with hunting and then eating crickets and grasshoppers. Can these bugs hurt him in any way? We try to stop him but we live in out in the country and they are everywhere.

An Alien Bug Family. [ 1 Answers ]

I Need To Know The Name Of An Alien Movie I Seen When I Was Younger, The Scene Is That A Family That Is An Alien Family Lives In A House Near A Nuclear Plant And The Father Who Is Also An Alien Works There, How Ever The Doughter Goes Out With This Kid And They Go The Gym At There School And It Is...

Is this bug eating my tree base? [ 3 Answers ]

Something is eating the base of my aspen trees. I've already lost one tree, it blew over in the wind because 3/4's of the base was gone. Someone told me the larva of this bug could be eating the base when they hatch. Any help in identifying the culprit would be helpful... ...

Is this bug eating my shrubs? [ 5 Answers ]

I have several shrubs and bushes that have been eaten up and I'm not sure what is eating it and how to fight it! The leaves have holes and big chunks missing. The plants are suffering quite a bit. Some of them even turning black in spots! Lately I've come across an earworm so I thought that might...

View more questions Search