Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mscmh87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 04:38 AM
    College textbooks vs. CPI
    Why has the price of college textbooks risen so much faster then the CPI?
    maninthehat Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 04:24 PM
    Because publishers can charge what they can get away with. That's the demand for text books. Maybe it will start to go down though. I know I stopped buying half way through college. The internet makes international versions assessable along with soft versions. Globalization breeds price convergence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Which of the problems in the construction of the CPI might be illustrated in the these [ 6 Answers ]

Which of the problems in the construction of the CPI might be illustrated by each of the following situations? Exaplain. a) the invention of the sony walkmen b) the introduction of air bags c) increased personal computer purchases d) more scoops of raisins in each package of raisin bran e)...

Textbooks-second hand [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was talking with a few of my friends who were also planning on going to University like me, and I must say I am very, very confused as to how I'm going to obtain my textbooks. First off, I know some people would say check the campus bookstores, and I gladly would, but a Proff told me...

CPI/GDP Deflator [ 2 Answers ]

For a closed economy, it is impossible for the GDP deflator and the CPI to move into opposite directions (for example, the GDP deflator increases while the CPI falls). Is this true or false and why?

Dell CPi D266 CD-Rom compatibility [ 4 Answers ]

I have been given a Dell Cpi D266 and it only has a floppy drive... I'm wanting to put in a cd rom... does anyone know what it's compatible with? It seems like it should be compatible with any CPi, or is that wrong? Please help... thanks!

Textbooks [ 3 Answers ]

I have a quick question. I want to start a online textbook business where I can purchase them cheap. What website should I go to? :confused: Also, do anyone know of any successful dropshipping websites?? :confused: Thanks

View more questions Search