Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richemer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Xp hoome security virus won't let me run malware programs
    I got the xp home security virus and can't run any malware programsl.
    Ad-aware runs for as while but cancels before it is complete. I use Internet
    Explorer and that doesn't work. I have to use task manager and hit new task to be able t o get on the internet but is uses goggle chrome. Even in safe mode with network running it won't let me use any malware programs.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 10:47 AM

Here are some links that may help.

XP Home Security 2011 - Virus Solution and Removal

How to remove XP Home Security 2011 virus | Home Security Systems
    richemer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Thanks for the links to web sites. I must of tried Malwarebytes Anti-malware program 5 or 6 times and it would try to start but not start. I came back to it later and it worked. It found 6 registry problems
    Which I let it clean them up and since then I have no problems starting any programs. All seems to be okay.
    Thanks for your help. I have made copies of the two links you gave------------just in case. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free anti virus programs [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: My Norton subscription is about to run out. Any suggestions for a good free download to replace it? Thanks , Prairie Son

Cannot run exe programs across internet or network [ 7 Answers ]

I cannot run an exe file across my network or the internet on one of my computers. All run Windows XP and all other computers can. The only difference is the one in question runs XP media center. The reason this is a problem is some sights run program that downloads and installs the product (i.e....

Can not run programs [ 6 Answers ]

I cannot use any of my programs. They all have lnk at the end of them

Programs won't run, files won't open [ 4 Answers ]

Good evening. I have been having trouble with my Windows XP and it has gotten so bad I rarely use my profile. All other profiles (3 more for the family) work just fine. Only mine is messed up. None of the programs will run and I can't open files. The background is there and the first menu will...

View more questions Search