Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilyosxon Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Is there any way to learn english easily??
    Sometimes I suffer that I can't use some words in my speech. But I can use them in tests, exams and so on. What should I do to improve my speaking skills?? What do you think? Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 16, 2011, 11:36 PM

The only thing you can do is practice practice practice. Whenever you have an opportunity, speak English instead of your native tongue. Watch television programs in English (educations programs so that you learn proper English and not the gibberish some TV programs have nowadays).

You can also take a correspondence course in English. Part of the course will likely be for you to read passages, tape them, and then send them to the teacher that will be overlooking the work you send in. Reading out loud and then listening to yourself will help you to pick up on the areas where you need help. Also, the teacher will point out where you still need work.

In the end, the only way to really get good at a second language is to use it often. The more you speak it, the better you'll get at it. :)

Good luck in your studies.

Apr 17, 2011, 02:14 AM
    Thak you very much. Are you native speaker?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ilyosxon View Post
    thak you very much. are you native speaker?
    Actually, no, I'm not.

English is my second language as well. I have been speaking it since I was a child though. :)

My first language is German, which I also speak fluently.

Both of my parents learned English when they were in their 30's, and it was hard at times, but speaking it every day did help.

You'll get there. I know you will. :)
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2011, 05:25 AM

Livemocha.com is a helpful site and you can use the free services. Good luck

Apr 19, 2011, 05:38 AM
    спасибо. Mersi, thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching illiterate adults to learn English [ 3 Answers ]

I am a volunteer teaching English in my church but I have many illiterate adults trying to learn English, Is it better to teach them first to learn how to read and write in their native language?

Brusing easily [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a hot tub earlyer today with a friend and I didn't want to sit in front of a jet as it pushes me and I go gliding across the hot tub lol, so I sat next to a jet but I guess a little to close because the jet was brushing my side. I just found out a few hours later that there's a fair sized...

How to conceive easily [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Now I'm trying to get pregnant since 3 mnths but till now didn't get pregnant.I just want to know the changes which I need to bring in my life routine to conceive easily

How do I let him down easily. [ 2 Answers ]

I went ice-skating with these to lads the other day and one told me that the other fancies me. I've been out with him before but I don't like him that way anymore. I don't like being straight with lads by just telling them I'm not interested . How do I tell him nicely, without upsetting him? ...

How do I let him go easily? [ 18 Answers ]

I need to break up with my boyfriend. What should I do? He'd go to pieces!

View more questions Search