Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Life and careers
    What is more important, having a fully set up career or enjoying life?

You see I want to travel and college seems to be taking forever, I want to travel when I young and not in my 30's.

I want to be successful but I also want to be content with my life.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Both are important.

Finish college, THEN travel.

Colleges takes what, 4 years?

Why not travel in the 4 month summer break?

And you are not old at 30.

How old are you? Did you start college late?

FINISH your college degree first, then travel.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Or set up to do a year of college in one part of the country and then another year at another school, just work to be sure that the credits transfer.

But when they say you can live on love, YOU can't, it takes money to pay rent, buy food and so on. But the trick is to get the education to do the job you love.

You love to travel, go to school and work in the travel business, or become a airline pilot.

What is most important, working at a job you enjoy, not working just for the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New careers? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a hard time making a career choice. The one I have doesn't make enough for me and my children to survive on. I am ready to go back to school or do whatever it takes to get a better job but can't spend my whole life taking classes that I will never benefit from. Please help me make my...

Best Careers [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a new career. Is there a way for me to find the top careers. I don't want the top careers that require a lot of education. I was thinking of going to school for massage therepy or maybe being a manicurist. I know I would enjoy these things. I don't want to put all of my energy...

Best careers? [ 2 Answers ]

?I am in a situation where I am noe a single mother. I am in the education field as a teachers aide and of course the money isn't enough to survive on. I am willing to go back to college but I can't spend years there. What about vocational schools? I also don't want to waste my time taking a bunch...

View more questions Search