Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1978man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Trying to build a racing lawnmower
    I just got a lawn mower from my girlfriends dad, but I have no idea what kind it is because he painted over all the words or numbers on the hood and fenders. I know that it has a Briggs and Stratton 8hp with a 3-speed transmission. So far my cousin and me built a Crafstman mower with really big tires and now we are trying to build a mower to keep up with cars on our street. I can't get my mower to run, but it will turn over and try to start. We have checked the electrical stuff and the spark plug, and I was wondering if anybody else might have an idea of what is wrong with it?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 11:44 PM
    Try a little gas down the carb and see if it'll fire... if it does, rebuild the carb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower Help [ 10 Answers ]

My lawnmower, Murray Select w/Briggs?Stratton engine, will start but will not get up to speed. It only putt-putts and kicks out a lot of smoke. Any suggestions?

Lawnmower seems stuck [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Murray push Lawnmower. One day while mowing in especially tall grass something was hit, like a rock, and the mower immediately stopped. Now don't laugh at me cause I don't know the names of the parts. When it was attempted to restart it the cord would not move... like it was stuck. I...

Help with lawnmower rope [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new lawnmower it started OK, went about 5 feet then quit. I tried to pull the rope to start it again (while holding down the handle/lever)but it appears to be "stuck" and won't pull out. What am I dong wrong??

Lawnmower trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a snapper lawnmower it starts up just fine but will cut off about 5 seconds later.The problem started a few cuts back the first time it quit I waited a few minutes and re started it and completed cutting my lawn now it will start and cut off after a few seconds.what can I do before taking it...

Lawnmower decision [ 1 Answers ]

Lowe's ,Home Depot, Sears,Kmart,Target and Walmart... where can I get a dependable reliable riding tractor for $900-1000

View more questions Search