Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammysmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Ask questions about silver spoon no marks?
    I found a spoon in a box of my grandmother's possessions. It was so tarnished it was black. I polished it up and there is absolutely no mark of any maker, or what it is. It is 5 1/8" total length. Almost looks like a child's spoon. It has a rose pattern on the handle. My grandma was born in 1884 and died 1968. Her children were born in the 1908-1913 time, if this was a child's spoon. I don't know what to think about it since it has no mark, but is made of something that tarnishes. Any ideas?
    kathyp1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Hi silver plate and silver tarnish but good silver can be cleaned up , if there are no marks chances are it is plate, sometimes they have very small marks depending on where this was made - so you would need to look carefully with a magnifying glass if you can, as over polishing can partially erase some of the marks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native american silver marks? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a belt buckle that is marker: STERLING W.K. Looking for name of maker. Can you help?

Silver plate marks identification [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver plate serving dish and lid. I would like to find out the maker. The marks are On the left side there is a shield with a horse head in it in the middle thereis another shield with small s a large F and a co. on the right side there is another shied with three birds in it. Also...

Silver Plate or silver id marks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a serving fork , I think its silver plate but can not id the marks can any one help? The makers mark is a crown with the initials EP below the crown then there are four double lettered shield like marks with a mix of symbols and letters which I can name they look to be in old type letters...

Antique silver tea spoon sevvice set [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when and where this was made I know it was made in england but not the maker or town the markings on the back are E.P.N.S. made england and in the shield it has RAENO I'm not sure what this means can anyone help me please also if anyone knows what it my be worth that would be helpful...

Getting a wedding ring made from a Silver spoon, is it Possible? [ 10 Answers ]

My Girlfriend and I brought a silver spoon from a junk shop last year. We want to try and get it made into a ring for her, for our weddding. How do we go about this? Is it even possible? Does anyone know of any Jeweler Maker we could send the spoon to and pay for them to melt it down and make...

View more questions Search