Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hopp11 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 07:53 AM
    I had braces once before when I was 15...
    But my retainer kept breaking or I didn't wear it and if I get braces again it will cost me 700 ! Is that correct shouldn't I get it for free ? Through the NHS
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 16, 2011, 08:02 AM
    Are you being treated by an NHS dentist ?
    verrob Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Apr 16, 2011, 04:09 PM

Hopp,
    You said you had braces at 15, how old are you now? You also said your retainer kept breaking, did you keep bringing it in for repairs? Its important that the retainer is always worn, because it only takes a few days for your teeth to move. I am not sure if you stopped wearing your retainer if your ortho. Would be respondible for paying for your braces again.
    (sorry, I don't know what HNS is, so I can't help you with that part)
    I hope this helps you out.
    Good luck.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2011, 04:08 PM
    If your retained kept breaking and you chose not to have it repaired then you will definitely be expected to pay to have braces put back on. It seems like the fee you have been quoted is quite reduced and this could be because you've had a relapse.

I'm not sure what is covered by NHS. Your age now may have something to do with why they are not covering your treatment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get braces? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello. Well anyway I went to the dentist a while back and he recommended braces because I have a overlap in my front two teeth. I came back and told my mom and she said she doesn't want me to have braces because my older sister had them and they have wrecked her teeth. I feel like I need them...

I have to get braces at 22. [ 89 Answers ]

I'm really not looking forward to this. I need some cheering up. But my question is this: Is there a site that can show me what I will look like with braces? Like something that alters my picture to put braces on me to see if I really want to do this.

Braces [ 5 Answers ]

I'm getting braces this Thursday. I'm wondering, how does an orthodontist put the braces on and later tighten them?

Where do I get braces ? [ 7 Answers ]

Where should I go or who should I talk to to get really cheap braces , or maybe even free braces , & yes it is possible because my cousin got hers for free , plese help me because my teeth are REALLY jacked & my parents can pay for them because we can't afford them . PLEASE HELP ME .

Braces [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering...

View more questions Search