Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    springer63017 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 07:09 AM
    How do I wire this transformer
    I have a low voltage transformer for my toro sprinkler system. It has a white, red and blak wire. It was broken and I was given a Hunter transformer with two yellow wires and one green wire. I was told this would work . How do I wire.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2011, 07:42 AM

The person who said it would work, should have told you.
    If this uses 24 volts and the transformer output is 24 volts and has enough VA(volt/amps), and
    If I was to guess, red and black would be used for 240 volts and the white is capped, and for 120 volts, it may use the red and black for primary, and the red is capped.
    If I was to try, I would hook up as mentioned above.
    Have a meter hooked to the secondary and watch as you momentarily apply primary voltage, if it is close or likely a little higher with no load, it may work providing The VA's are there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a pool light transformer [ 6 Answers ]

I was supplied with an Intermatic 120-12v transformer. There are no wiring connection diagrams. The transformer has 4 wires( bk, wh, bl and y)on one side and 2 black wires on the other side. How do you connect supply and the pool light to this?

How to wire a furnace transformer [ 3 Answers ]

I acquired (was given) an old Lennox furnace ID# G9D-55-M-1. The transformer was missing, I bought a new one a 115/24V model. I question the wiring configuration for the fan/gas valve and limit switches... I am very capable of wiring the furnace controls just don’t have the knowledge to ensure...

HT Wire Delco furnace transformer? [ 1 Answers ]

IM WORKING ON A DELCO- HEAT CONDITIONAIR FURNACE. Model# DGH100B2, Serial- 414 I need to replace the transformer. How exactly do I wire up the new Transformer?

How do you wire a transformer [ 1 Answers ]

How do you wire a transformer

Looking for control wire on transformer [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a new HONEYWELL T8601D2019 - it won't power on. I realize it needs a control wire connected to the C... I can not figure out which wire off my transformer is the control. I have three blue wires, a red, black, and white. Red, black and white are all connected to the unit in...

View more questions Search