Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterj0075 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Should I move on or wait?
    A week ago, I broke up with my girlfriend who we've been together for three and a half years. She is 2 years older than me but we settled that and both of us were OK with that before we started our relationship.

Some three weeks ago, she told that she is feeling bored with me then when I asked her to explain further, she turned out and started saying its not me but our relationship that is boring. I went further to ask what she may think is the problem so that we can work on it, but to my disappointment she could not give any excuse saying I'm not the problem but the situation surrounding us and all she wants is a break-up.

We met when she was about to graduate from Campus and ready to join law school, at the time I was going to my second year of my five year Engineering Course. We've been together all this time standing by each other's side till she is now gotten a stable job with an insurance company and I'm now in my final year. We have introduced each other to our family members, close relatives and friends and they all supported our relationship.

The agreement was that I have to finish my studies then we will get married which would have been next year but now all has crushed down. She was my first girlfriend that I truly love and I had made a covenant to her and to God that she will be the first and last woman that I will ever make love to as long us we both shall live. We had a great sex life, we were both faithful to each other, she was my best friend that I could share with all my sorrows and happiness including all my secrets, she to did. We used to spend special time together, go for outings and holidays, we were naughty at times, we laughed a lot, we share so much in common and we had same dreams for the future. We had plans for the future and I had started to invest for our wedding expenses and our future family but now all is gone with the wind.

I tried to make change her mind but she could not, she could only ask me to move on because she has started moving on, I suspect that there might be other issues that she is hiding but why do this to what we share that was so special. After asking for a chance to work out this all over again, she accepted but three days later she went back to her position of wanting a break-up saying she is confused and not sure if it will work out. I gave her a break for a week to think over, when I went back to her for her verdict she could not pick my calls nor reply to my texts. I sent another text which she replied to with "its over". I felt like dying but that was it.

Should I trust any other woman with my love because it hurts so bad to know that someone you shared so much with can move on like nothing happened between you two? Was this true love really? Should I start cheating on any girl that I will ever get involved with from now on? Is it right for me to make another covenant with God when I get involved with another girl because I failed to keep the first one? What is it that women really want in a man?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2011, 06:11 PM

peterj0075,

Even if there is a chance that she might come back, things will look a lot better if you have been getting on with your life and not simply wallowing in self-pity and wishful thinking. And please don't lump all relationships together, expecting them all to turn out the same. Take time to recover and then get on with your own life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2011, 01:35 PM

Should I trust any other woman with my love because it hurts so bad to know that someone you shared so much with can move on like nothing happened between you two?
    Feelings change, and situations can change also, sometimes in ways we don't like, and faster than we can adjust to. But this is your first life changing event, and what matters is you adjust, grow and learn from the experience. It may seem not as important to her, but in truth, the experience changed her life two, and she will move on, but not forget.

Was this true love really?
    Of course it was, and never forget that. It just didn't last, or stand the test of time is all. Thats sucks, I know.

Should I start cheating on any girl that I will ever get involved with from now on?
    Hell NO!!!! What good would that do? You let this experience change you for the better, NOT THE WORST!!! Those are your own hurts talking, and when you come to your senses, I hope you are smart enough to reject such a foolish notion.

Is it right for me to make another covenant with God when I get involved with another girl because I failed to keep the first one?
    You cannot make a covenant with God, or anyone else, in behalf of another, you have to both agree together on anything of the sort.

What is it that women really want in a man?
    I have asked many females that question, and they all have different answers. You will find one who can answer it, and accept what you have someday, and this was but a first, and obviously not the last.

This was a defining moment in your rather young life, and as we all do, you will eventually grow beyond it. For now deal with your feelings in a mature positive way, and heal, from your hurt!!

This is but a test in the faith you have in yourself, and the God that you are trying to understand
    maninthehat Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 07:25 AM
    Just get over it dude. Its how relationships work. It might take years, and you always comparing others to this one, but time will make you move on. Treat all your relationships with respect and be upfront, cheating just brings out the crazy in girls and you don't want to go there. Sounds like she was probably holding back for a while before finally unleashing, don't think she just got evil, situation or realization in her life just changed and in the feature you might see it happen to you. Don't WAIT! But bothering her every 2 weeks or so isn't a bad idea if you can handle it without being attached. Just be loose with her. And about religion, nobody is perfect, just repent and hope you don't do that again. But you probably will, and that's OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait or just move on.. [ 3 Answers ]

So I've been talking to this guy for about 3 1/2 going on to 4 months and everything is great I couldn't ask for a better guy.. we both are seniors in college and we both have things we want to accomplish in life, every Friday we have our day where we spend the whole day together... we also work...

Should I wait or move on [ 5 Answers ]

There's a young man in my church that I'm very interested in, we've discussed this and he's stated that he's interesterd in me as well. We don't talk on the phone because he's really trying to get something's in order concerning his life before he gets into a relationship, but he stated that he...

Should I wait for him, or move on? [ 7 Answers ]

I’m not sure where to begin; my story with my ex would probably take up a whole novel. So, I will try and make a long story short. I met the most amazing guy a year ago and we had the best relationship. We were lovers and best friends. We were long distance (700 miles apart) and would try and...

Should I wait for her or move on [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am confused. I have been married for 4 years now and am separated. We have a 2 and a half year old son. Recently we talked and she said she wants to try and repair our marriage, I always wanted to. The next time we talked she said she did not know what she wanted. Right after we separated she...

Wait or move on [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts, This guy and I have been seeing each other for 6 months and as with any relationship, we had a few bits of drama, but never to the point of separation. However, on Friday night, I called him and he was crying because his ex girlfriend had belittled him severely in front of a...

View more questions Search