Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davethinking Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Old children's book about manners?
    Does anyone know the title or titles of a children's book or series that was probably first printed in the early 20th century... perhaps in the '20's? Or possibly much earlier? It features a brother and sister and the story centers around the correct manners for children.. i.e. at the dinner table, etc.

I remember watching a biography on Dr. Seuss that stated he loved these books as a child.
    painy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Hi, its called the book of manners and it's a family favourite of ours, do you remember little arty at the party? He was one of a few funny characters in that book!

Sep 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Do you happen to know the author?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davethinking View Post
    Do you happen to know the author?
    A Child's Book of Manners: Amazon.co.uk: Fay Maschler, Helen Oxenbury: Books

http://www.amazon.com/Childs-Book-Ma.../dp/0224016202 (U.S. Amazon)

Sep 18, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Thanks Wondergirl

Are you certain this is the same book described above? I found several books with similar titles but could never be sure I had the right one as I couldn't find any descriptions attached that mention a brother and sister.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davethinking View Post
    Thanks Wondergirl

Are you certain this is the same book described above? I found several books with similar titles but could never be sure I had the right one as I couldn't find any descriptions attached that mention a brother and sister.
    I found it in this book chat where several people named that book --

Children's Books You Actually Want to Read
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Give your public reference librarian all of these numbers from WorldCat. (Each number belongs to one of the particular publications of that title. About 350 copies are owned by libraries worldwide.)

He/she will be able to interlibrary loan one of them for you --

Accession No: OCLC: 5167155

Accession No: OCLC: 5940981

Accession No: OCLC: 16592885

Accession No: OCLC: 614799419

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's Book [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for the title and/or author for a book I used to read in the late 80's or early 90's. It was a picture book about a mean orange cat that nobody wanted to adopt. Then one day an old lady-who lived in an apartment?-adopted him and a burglar broke in and the cat scared him off. It was my...

I used to read this book back in elementary school. It's a children's Book.Can you help [ 1 Answers ]

It's about a poor wandering boy that's hungry who winds up at this ugly old woman's house and asks for food but she only has these different types of vegetables and other thing. They decide to make a soup and they begin to put different things from vegetables to a dogs chewed up bone

Children's Book [ 0 Answers ]

There's a children's picture book in which a man is baking something (a cake, some bread) for some guests and the cat knocks an ingredient in (yeast, probably) while the man isn't looking. The cake (or whatever) explodes, landing on everything in the house. The man tries to clean up but his...

What is this children's book [ 2 Answers ]

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated more than you can possibly imagine as this has been driving me insane for years. When I was about 8 or 9 (we're going back to around 1985 here) I read a book (or series of books) about a boy (or man) and his black cat. I remember that the idea was...

Children's Book [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm currently trying to remember a title of a book I read frequently as a child. It involved people of the future finding a present day(our time) hotel or home. And it went through it explaining things oddly. Almost how we may look at the Pyramids or other ancient things. It had large...

View more questions Search