Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrMrGill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Looking for free cdl training
    I have a class b cdl, with a ten year work history OTR, but was injured two and a half years ago, and have been unemployed, I now have a green light from my doctor to work again, is there a free class A CDL training academy that will accept me? I was rejected by Stevens Transport Academy for being unemployed for this amount of time.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2011, 03:49 PM

You might try calling several driving schools and inquire about grant opportunities. I know several do offer scholarships at least.
    MrMrGill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 04:01 PM

DoulaLC thank you very much, but I have tried that, I was rejected for not having a recent 3 year work history, before my injury I had been working over the road for over 13 years, but I guess they prefer to train someone with 0 experience, weird policy.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2011, 04:12 PM

The schools take on people who are just starting, without any OTR experience. Are you checking with companies themselves that have their own training programs or truck driving schools?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2011, 04:15 PM

MrMrGill, what state are you in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2011, 04:46 PM

I will agree, most of the "free training" is not really free, but various companies will pay for your training if you agree to work for them. So you may wish to check out various truck companies.

Also you have to think "out of the box" or at least area. I remember one school in Nashville TN where students traveled from all over the US to go to, and stayed at a local motel during training

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cdl training if you have a felony [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to find a good school to get my cdl to drive trucks. The problem I have had is I have a felony that is 7 years old. Some schools say it has to be 10 years old. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Where can I get free cdl training with a felony 5 years old? [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find free cdl training with a felony 5 years old?

Is there free cdl training for felons? [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Cdl a free training with decent pay [ 2 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

View more questions Search