Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kionalynum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Large-Sample Confidence
    Generate a 95% confidence interval for the mean if the standard deviation for the population is known as 4. The sample consists of 30 measurements with a mean 84. Round to the nearest hundreths.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 11:41 AM

The margin of error is

.95 CI corresponds to a z score of 1.96

So, we have

The CI is then:

where

Calculate the CI. This tells us that with 95% confidence the mean for the poopulation is between those values.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Given random sample find probability that sample mean? [ 0 Answers ]

X has normal distribution with mean of 107 and a standard deviation of 1.5 .if a sample of 25 students is selected at random, find the probability that sample mean is greater than 110?

Which level of confidence would produce the widest confidence interval? [ 1 Answers ]

Given the same sample statistics, which level of confidence would produce the widest(longest) confidence interval? A. 90% B. 95% C. 98% D. 99%

Do you have the confidence? [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think are the roots that affect person's confidence level? How will you know if you're becoming over-confident?

NO confidence [ 1 Answers ]

Im meant to be going college today to talk about what I want to do.. And I'm scared I've got confidence in other aspects of my life but starting college is scary I got attackd in school and dropped out and fell into a depression and startd self-harming I'm trying to get over that its working but...

View more questions Search