Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynn35 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Size of Diamonds
    Yeah! Im in the process of ring shopping, but I truly have little knowledge of what Im looking for. I would like to know the sizes up to to karat and half. Is .75 close to a karat? :confused:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2007, 06:52 AM
    One carat is equal to 0.2 grams.

You didn't give a unit for your .75 so I have no idea what that might be.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2007, 07:01 AM
    When speaking of diamonds (and all gems) the units are always carats. So your .75 is indeed 3/4 of a carat.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 8, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Try this site it is very helpful, much better than trying to explain:- Diamond Learning Center - Diamond Carat Weight - Diamonds, loose diamonds, diamond engagement rings, diamond stud earrings and three stone rings at Yehuda diamonds
    mjarnold Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Think of it this way... there are 100 points to 1 carat. So if a diamond is 50 points, it is 1/2 carat (.50ct). If you are thinking of buying a 1 carat diamond, you may want to shop around for about a .90-.95, you can save a lot of money by staying away from the 1 carat "magical mark", and the difference in size is VERY negligible.
    rocksngold Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn35
    Yeah! Im in the process of ring shopping, but I truly have little knowledge of what Im looking for. I would like to know the sizes up to to karat and half. Is .75 close to a karat? :confused:
    Hello, just starting, Plan on your stone first. Shape,size(CT's),color,clarity.

They all determine the price of a stone and if its got a certificate or not.

Consider this from 23 years experience, Buy the biggest,prettiest,well made stone you can afford.
    Why because these diamonds will appreciate in value,
    Example a similar one carat diamond I sold 20 years now cost me tripple now.
    You have value and if properly handled will last for ever.

If your going to add more stones you will want to stay close to the major stones color and clarity this way you will have a great looking,all the same color,same shine as the major stone.

You can go to this site and look at some quality jewelry ,this company is an industry leader in Jewelry.
    There are no prices listed because it's to the trade only.

Stuller.com

Hope this helps
    Rocksngold
    Dallas Tx.
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 03:05 AM
    0.75 carat diamond is would be 6mm in size.

Find out more about about diamond carat and other characteristics at:
    http://www.b2cjewels.com/education/CaratGuide.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diamonds Commercial Song! HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know which diamonds commercial it is, but its where the husband gets up in the middle of the night and places the necklace on his wife's neck, and the song goes: "I want to tell you that im always thinking of you. but i can't find the right words to say" Does anyone know the title...

Right Size? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Has anyone tried right size? It's some kind of weight loss smoothy or drink or something. I was wondering if anyone has tried it, how it tasted, and if it worked? Thanks...

Diamonds as electrical conductors [ 2 Answers ]

Will a diamond conduct electricity and, if so, how good a conductor is it?

Text Size [ 2 Answers ]

Using 98SE--I read where you can click the wheel on the mouse and make the text size bigger or smaller-How do you do this? Thank you

View more questions Search