Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chained2darren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Anyone know the name of this toy?
    I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the name of this old toy was called: I had one in about the late 80's/early 90's (can't remember). It was a big plastic dog that sat upright but it had soft ears (like terry cloth or something). You'd take it in the bath tub (or pool) and it had a handle on the back of it's collar and you'd shake the head from side to side to get the water off the ears. I think later on they made tiny ones that were rubber (like a squeaky toy) and they came with various items like an inner tube or a swing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :confused:
    stevenenglund Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 08:59 PM
    That would be the "Rub a Dub Doggie." I remember having one of those as a kid too!

Hopefully this link works by the time you need this message.

eBay: Vintage Rub-a-Dub Doggie 80's bath toy - doggy dog tub (item 190121857675 end time Jun-17-07 18:33:42 PDT)
    Attached Images

lokijar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Yeah! Rub-a-dub Doggie! I still have mine! She's blue with purple ears =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toy from the 90's [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend is intent on looking for a toy from way back in the early-mid 90's and will not rest until she has found out what it is. I know what she's talking about, but I can't remember the name of it, myself. Basically, they were rocks. And you dropped them in water. The rock dissolved and...

Find A Toy [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a building toy that is similar in size to legos, but locks together with the use of a screw driver. I have some pieces but there is no name on them. They were given to my kids in the late 1980's.

Trying to remember the name of a stuffed toy [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, for several months now I've been trying to remember the name of a stuffed animal toy, that had its own books and I believe a cartoon show. It was around the same time as pound puppies, so probably circa 1985-1988. Basically, they came in different colors, the one I had when I was young...

Guess whose got a new toy [ 15 Answers ]

:D :D :D :D :D :D Now all I have to do is work out how to use it. So what arrived in a nondescript brown box for me this afternoon ?

View more questions Search