Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmandel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 03:55 AM
    Squealing Gibson Electric Clothes Dryer
    I read from this site that the rear drum assembly is usually the cause. When I looked up the part on appliancepartspros they also recommended that thefelt glide assembly be replaced. Is this something that should be done at the same time or is it generally just the rear drum assembly that needs replacement.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2011, 06:04 AM

rmandel, do them both while your there, don't want to take it apart again in a few months. Good luck
    rmandel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 06:24 AM
    Comment on parttime's post
    Thanks for your answer.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2011, 09:18 AM

The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help :: View topic - Dryer Maintenance Kits now available!

Here you can order parts and instruction (if needed) come with the parts. Good luck
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 06:15 PM
    Make sure you clean out all air passages while you have the drier apart. The dirt buildup causes the parts to overheat and the heat-sensitive parts to fail. You will have to scrape out and wash out all parts except the motor. Make sure to clean the blower by washing it and vacuum out motor. It is a good idea to replace the felt seal at the same time you replace bearings. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screeching Gibson Heavy Duty Automatic Clothes Dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Gibson Heavy Duty Automatic electric clothes dryer (Model DE27A7WXFE) which was built in November of 1992. It has developed a terrible screeching sound when clothes are being dried. Sometimes it disappears after running for a while - sometimes not. I am thinking it could possibly be a...

Maytage Electric Dryer MDE2600AYW squealing idler pulley wheel [ 0 Answers ]

On opening the front of the dryer, I have discovered that the idler pulley wheel is squealing. When I pull it toward the front, it stops squealing for perhaps 30 seconds (during which period the dryer sounds normal), then resumes squealing. Is there a lubricant I can use? Or is this a bearing...

Clothes dryer squealing - Beaumark 63390 449 [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer is squealing like crazy - it sounds like rubbing or slipping, and there's a definite rhythm to it. Last week we opened the inspection hatch on the back and moved the little belt wheel down the pole, which seemed to increase tension on the belt and the squeak went away - for a few days. ...

GE Clothes Dryer Cool & Squealing [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a 15 to 20 year old GE clothes about ten years ago and it has performed flawlessly, until about a month ago. It started squealing at a level that can heard outside of my home. My wife says that it takes longer to dry a load of clothes also. I have taken the top off the unit and...

Gibson dryer squealing/squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gibson dryer that recently has started to squeak/squeal when it first starts drying a load of laundry. As the load gets dry the noise gradually gets less. Could this be a belt issue and is this an easy fix? Thanks for any info in advance:confused:

View more questions Search